LED Front-End Equipment Market
DUBLIN, April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mn5dtf/led_frontend) has announced the addition of the "LED Front-End Equipment Market" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
THE NEXT INVESTMENT CYCLE HAS ALREADY STARTED
Driven by the fanfare over (and overestimation of) the LCD display market, the LED Front-End equipment market experienced an unprecedented investment cycle in 2010-2011. The market surge was driven mostly by MOCVD reactor shipments to new Chinese entrants, who benefited from the generous subsidies of the Chinese central and local governments in a bid to stimulate domestic chip production.
Following a 18-24 month digestion period, the market is now slowly recovering and will experience another investment cycle in 2014-2016 driven by demand for general lighting applications.
However, this 2nd cycle will be limited in value due to:
- Improvement in equipment throughput and yields
- Increased competition
- Potential consolidation of the industry
Indeed, LED manufacturers initially relied on old semiconductor systems designed for other applications. Now that the industry has reached a critical size, several LED-dedicated equipment (that take into account the specificities of LED manufacturing) has been commercialized.
As a result, the equipment market will peak at nearly $580M in 2015 with MOCVD reactors representing more than 80% of the business: the bulk of these reactors are still being shipped to Chinese manufacturers or Taiwanese players transitioning to 4 diameters. Lithography, plasma etching, PECVD and PVD equipment will follow a similar trend.
This report presents major equipment used in LED Front-End Manufacturing. It describes market size and volume (2009-2020), trends per process steps (performance, ASP, emerging technologies), key suppliers, and much more!
DIFFERENT MARKETS WITH DIFFERENT COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPES
The LED epitaxy equipment market (MOCVD reactor) is very concentrated under the control of the Big 3 (Aixtron, Veeco and Tayo Nippon Sanso) who represented nearly 97% of market share in 2013.
Comparatively, the lithography, plasma etching, PECVD, and PVD equipment markets are much more fragmented with several players battling to enlarge their market share. As an example, the top three suppliers of LED lithography equipment represented nearly 70% of market share in 2013 with the remaining 30 % in the hands of more than 10 competitors.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Objectives of the report
2. Company index
4. Executive summary
5. LED market trends
6. LED die manufacturing
7. Key trends in LED Front-End manufacturing
8. LED Front-End equipment industry and market
- AMO GMBH
- ASM Pacific Technology
- Advanced System Technology
- Advantools Semiconductor
- Akzo Nobel HPMO
- Aurora Sapphire
- Beta Squared
- Cambridge Chemicals
- Cascade Microtech
- Chemtura and UP Chemicals
- Crystal Applied Technology Inc.
- DK Aztec
- Dow Chemical
- First Nano
- Guangdon Real Faith Semiconductor Equipment
- Hansol Technics
- Iljin display
- JT Corporation
- Japan Science Enginneering (Dai Nippon Kaken)
- KLA Tencor
- Lattice Power
- Molecular Imprints
- North Microelectronics
- Oxford Instruments
- Plessey Semiconducors
- Qingdao Jason Electronic
- Rudolph Technologies
- SAFC Hitech
- SUSS Microtec
- Sapphire Technology
- Seoul Semiconductor
- Sheng Optical Equipment
- Silian Sapphire Corporation
- Sky Technology Development
- Structured Materials Industries
- TEL NEXX
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso
- Tamarack Scientific
- Technology & Science Enabler
- Tera Xtal Technology
- USI Optronics Corporation
- Valence Process Equipment
- Yongsheng Semiconductor Equipment
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mn5dtf/led_frontend
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets