NEW YORK, Nov. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, is proud to announce the launch of From The Sony Vault, an ongoing series of newly curated collections of historic recordings restored and remastered for the digital era. Compiled with both new and seasoned listeners in mind, From The Sony Vault, offers a fresh look on the deep musical roots that continue to nurture popular culture.
With access to one of the world's most comprehensive archives of recorded sound, Legacy is able to draw from a repertoire of more than a million titles from the turn of the 20th century to the present. This new, exciting series provides an alluring access to this massive treasure trove of classic sounds, bringing new life to the past in fresh contexts for contemporary audiences.
Available now, Silly Scary Songs, the inaugural release in the From The Sony Vault series, will have you shivering and shaking with laughter when you hear these classics from the Golden Age of Halloween, when horror was strictly tongue-in-cheek!
Silly Scary Songs
1. Ghost In the Graveyard - Prairie Ramblers
2. The Skeleton In the Closet - Putney Dandridge
3. The Ghost Walk - Borrah Minevitch
4. Mysterious Mose - Rube Bloom
5. Monstro the Whale - Kay Kyser
6. The Boogie Man - Todd Rollins
7. Minnie the Moocher at the Morgue - Smiley Burnette
8. Blues In C Sharp Minor - Teddy Wilson
9. 'Taint No Sin - Lee Morse
10. Way Low - Duke Ellington
11. With Her Head Tucked Underneath Her Arm - Rudy Vallee
12. Mr Ghost Goes To Town - Five Jones Boys
13. Celery Stalks At Midnight - Les Brown
14. The Little Man Who Wasn't There - Mildred Bailey
15. Hell's Bells - Art Kassel
16. (Ghost) Riders in the Sky - Spike Jones
17. Ol Man Mose - Eddy Duchin
Legacy's From The Sony Vault titles coming in the next 12 months will include: The Best of the Black Divas; Silly Songs; Silly Animal Songs; Christmas with the Big Bands; Songs of the Depression; Broadway Brevities 1928; Broadway Brevities 1933; They Wrote The Songs: Harold Arlen; Women With Attitude; Can't Help Loving That Man; They Wrote The Songs: Johnny Mercer; and Prohibition - Songs about Booze and Bootlegging.
SOURCE Legacy Recordings