LONDON, February 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The New Year of 2016 brings along legal amendments that will directly affect the daily lives of Australian citizens. Following are a few important changes:
Children between the ages of 16-17 will now be issued a passport valid for 10 years instead of the former 5 year passport, for the same price as an adult passport.
- New "Nanny Subsidy Program"
The two-year Nanny Pilot Program provides hourly subsidy for about 10,000 children to help families afford the services of a nanny. It will support families who have a hard time attaining child care services because of non-standard working hours, or location barriers.
- Retirement Accounts / Taxes
The deductible amount from an individual's defined benefit income streams (the tax free component) will be limited.
- 17 medications will come off the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme and will be available for cheaper prices in order to save taxpayers $87 million a year.
- In South Australia, the wait time for mental health patients awaiting treatment has been restricted to 24 hours.
- From now on, school dropouts between the ages of 15-21, will be encouraged to study or work. They will need to meet the activity test requirements of 25 hours per week until they either get certified or turn 22.
- Student Loan Payment procedures will be modified; those who once enjoyed Australian Student Loans and now live elsewhere will still be able to pay the same.
These changes and numerous others yet to come are bound to make life in Australia even better.
Australia GSM is an international company that provides immigration services. The company offers personal, comprehensive services to families and individuals seeking guidance in relocation to Australia.
For more details about the company, go to: http://www.australiagsm.com/
Or contact our director of marketing: Jessica Wes, at +44-(0)203-1502-798, email: email@example.com
SOURCE Australia GSM