Legendary Hair Care Brand Alberto VO5 Declares August National Anti-Frizz Month
National Survey Finds 87% of Women Battle Frizz Regularly
Brand declares all-out assault with roots-to-ends mane-taming tips, savings on frizz-fighting VO5 SALON SERIES™ products and more all steamy month long
STAMFORD, Conn., Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alberto VO5®, the legendary hair care brand, today declared August "National Anti-Frizz Month": 31 days dedicated to helping women battle this leading barrier to looking and feeling beautiful during the stickiest time of the year – and for many, all year long.
How much sway can frizz have over a day? In a nationwide poll conducted this sweltering July, 87 percent of women surveyed said they deal with the problem of frizzy hair. Nearly 75 percent of women polled said they scrutinize weather forecasts to plan their daily frizz-fighting routines. Almost 60 percent said frizz is their number one dreaded hair malfunction. Among the other frizzy findings:
- 51% of respondents report experiencing frizzy hair more than four times per week
- 92% of women use products to manage their frizz, most often with shampoo/conditioner and/or an anti-frizz cream
- 25% of women have stayed at home due to a bad hair day
- 27% of women struggle with frizzy hair more when their hair is long rather than short
"As our survey affirmed, if every hair type has a common enemy, it is frizz. Managing frizz can add so much time to our morning routines," said Nina Riley, VP of Marketing for Alberto VO5. "The heritage of Alberto VO5 hair care products is helping women look and feel their beautiful best during even the toughest conditions, at a price everyone can afford. That heritage inspired our new Salon Series line of shampoos, conditioners, treatments and styling products, which all play a role in taming humidity and other hair's enemies with five essential vitamins and eleven revitalizing oils. As we like to say, it's beauty for all, and frizz for none!"
To mark the inaugural National Anti-Frizz Month, Alberto VO5 is launching a sweepstakes on Twitter from August 12 – August 16 allowing Alberto VO5 brand followers the chance to win free Salon Series products by re-tweeting certain facts about frizz. On August 15th, Alberto VO5 will also be launching a sweepstakes on the Alberto VO5 brand website and Facebook page where consumers who vote on their favorite "terrible frizzy hair" story have the chance to win up to $5,000 in cash and VO5 Salon Series products. VO5 Salon Series products have a unique blend of five essential vitamins and eleven revitalizing oils that provide professional results from roots to ends. The full line includes:
- Hot Oil Therapy Moisturizing Treatment: The "Original" Hot Oil Treatment, with a 5-vitamin and protein rich formula, soothes your scalp and senses while moisturizing and conditioning hair from roots to ends, helping to restore shine, strength and silky softness.
- Smooth + Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner: Formulated with a unique smoothing complex that helps manage unruly hair, this shampoo and conditioner duo helps eliminate frizz, pronto!
- Color Shield + Radiance Shampoo and Conditioner: With its protective formula, this shampoo and conditioner lock in color and shine while enhancing hair's radiance. UV filter protect color from fading and keep hair healthy, beautiful and lustrous.
- Hydrate + Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner: with nutritive plant oils this shampoo and conditioner adds replenishing moisture and healthy luster to hair.
- Full Body + Shine Shampoo and Conditioner: With coconut oil and conditioning agents this shampoo and conditioner weightlessly coats and plumps each hair strand, delivering a visible boost.
- Anti-Frizz & Shine Styling Cream: Enriched with five vitamins and 11 revitalizing oils, this lightweight cream helps prep hair for the rigors of styling by nourishing hair, reducing frizz and boosting shine.
- Simply Stunning Leave-In Conditioner: This all-in-one leave-in miracle conditioner is the secret weapon for smoother styling and manageability for all hair types. Its vitamin-enriched formula saturates hair with moisture, helps protect it from heat, and strengthens it against split ends.
About High Ridge Brands
Headquartered in Stamford, CT, High Ridge Brands owns the Alberto VO5® brand in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, Rave® hair care products globally, as well as the Zest® and Coast® personal cleansing brands in the U.S. and Canada. For more information, please visit www.highridgebrands.com
SOURCE High Ridge Brands
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.