Leo Burnett Worldwide Named The Most Awarded Network At The 2013 International ANDY Awards For The Fourth Consecutive Year Agency Network Brings Home Seventeen Awards Including the Coveted Richard T. O'Reilly Award
CHICAGO, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Last night, Leo Burnett Worldwide was named the most awarded network at the 2013 International ANDY Awards. In total, the agency took home seventeen ANDY Awards – the Richard T. O'Reilly award, six Gold, nine Silver and one Bronze. Six offices from the Leo Burnett Worldwide network, including Bangkok, Hong Kong, London, Milan, Mumbai and Sao Paulo were recognized at the ANDY Awards, held at the British Academy of Film and Television during Advertising Week in London.
"The ANDY awards attract what is generally acknowledged to be the toughest and most prestigious group of judges in the business. So to be named 'Network of the Year' for the fourth year in a row is a great honour," said Mark Tutssel, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett Worldwide.
Leo Burnett Tailor Made's (Sao Paulo) "My Blood is Red & Black" campaign for Vitoria F.C. received the coveted Richard T. O'Reilly Award for best PSA. The campaign raised international awareness for the lack of donations to Brazil's blood banks by removing the red stripes in Vitoria F.C.'s uniforms. Blood donations increased by 46 percent in Brazil as a result of the campaign.
"Being honored with the Richard T. O'Reilly Award is a testament to the power creativity can have on the greater good," said Tutssel. "Vitoria's 'My Blood is Red and Black' sparked active participation and will truly make a difference in people's lives."
Leo Burnett Tailor Made, led by Chief Executive Officer Paulo Giovanni, won an impressive seven awards – the Richard T. O'Reilly Award, three Golds and three Silvers in Magazine, Out of Home, Best Use of a Celebrity, Public Service and Integrated. The agency's "My Blood is Red & Black" work for Vitoria F.C. and Fiat's "Nurse/Clown/Butler" print campaign were both recognized at the show.
The 49th annual International ANDY Awards is one of the most distinguished advertising industry awards shows in the world. Famous for its outstanding jury comprised of internationally renowned creative directors, the awards recognize single and campaign executions, distinguished by product, service or technique category. This is the first year the ANDYs held its award show in London.
This year's jury was chaired by Bob Greenberg. Past ANDY Chairmen include Jeff Goodby, Rich Silverstein, John Hegarty, Bob Scarpelli, Mark Tutssel, Alex Bogusky, Rick Boyko, Ted Sann and Mark Waites.
The ANDY's "Most Awarded Network" honor is the third network recognition Leo Burnett Worldwide has earned this year. Leo Burnett was most recently awarded "Network of the Year" by Dubai Lynx and AdFest.
Leo Burnett Worldwide's 2013 ANDY Award wins include:
Richard T. O'Reilly Award for Best PSA
- Vitoria F.C. "My Blood is Red & Black" – The 2013 Richard T. O'Reilly Award – Public Service – (Leo Burnett Tailor Made, Sao Paulo)
- Fiat "Nurse" – Magazine (Leo Burnett Tailor Made, Sao Paulo)
- Fiat "Nurse" – Out of Home (Leo Burnett Tailor Made, Sao Paulo)
- CPCR "A Girl" – Out of Home (Leo Burnett Bangkok)
- CPCR "A Girl, A Boy, A Girl 2" – Out of Home Campaign (Leo Burnett Bangkok)
- Staedtler "Church" – Illustration (Leo Burnett Hong Kong)
- Vitoria F.C. "My Blood is Red & Black" – Best Use of a Celebrity (Leo Burnett Tailor Made, Sao Paulo)
- McDonald's "Dave" – Direction (Leo Burnett London)
- McDonald's "We All Make the Games" – Editing/Campaign (Leo Burnett London)
- Pantone "Pantone Queen" – Printed Materials (Leo Burnett London)
- Coca-Cola "Coke Studio - Reflection of Music - Usha Uthup" – Magazine (Leo Burnett Mumbai)
- Staedtler "Church, Car, Chair" – Illustration Campaign (Leo Burnett Hong Kong)
- Montblanc "The Beauty of a Second" – Consumer Generated Content (Leo Burnett Milan)
- Vitoria F.C. "My Blood is Red & Black" – Integrated (Leo Burnett Tailor Made, Sao Paulo)
- Fiat "Clown" – Out of Home (Leo Burnett Tailor Made, Sao Paulo)
- Fiat "Butler" – Out of Home (Leo Burnett Tailor Made, Sao Paulo)
- McDonald's "Dave" – Copywriting (Leo Burnett London)
About Leo Burnett
Leo Burnett Worldwide, part of Publicis Groupe, is one of the world's largest agency networks with 96 offices and nearly 10,000 employees. In 2012, the global network was awarded a record-breaking 55 Lions at the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity and was also named "Network of the Year" by YoungGuns, Golden Drum, Dubai Lynx and MENA Cristal Awards. A HumanKind communications company, Leo Burnett Worldwide has a simple and singular approach: put a brand's purpose at the center of communications to truly connect with people. Leo Burnett works with some of the world's most valuable brands including The Coca-Cola Company, Fiat, Kellogg's, McDonald's, Nintendo, P&G, Samsung and Tata among others. To learn more about Leo Burnett Worldwide visit our site, Facebook page and follow us via @leoburnett.
SOURCE Leo Burnett Worldwide