CANNES, France, June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Leo Burnett Worldwide took home 12 Cannes Lions Awards – one Effectiveness Lion, one Silver and 10 Bronze – during the Creative Effectiveness, Media and Outdoor awards ceremony, held last night at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Nine offices, including Beirut, Chicago, Detroit, Mumbai, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Sri Lanka, Sydney and Toronto, contributed to the global network performance. So far in 2012, Leo Burnett Worldwide has won 35 Cannes Lions.
For the second year in a row, Leo Burnett has won a Creative Effectiveness Lion, which recognizes creativity that has shown a measurable and proven impact on a client's business. Leo Burnett Sydney received a Creative Excellence Lion, one of only six awarded, for Bundaburg Rum's "Watermark" campaign. The award establishes a direct correlation between creativity and effectiveness and Leo Burnett Sydney was the only Asia-Pacific based agency to receive this coveted award.
"Winning a Creative Effectiveness Lion two years in a row for a major icon brand is the ultimate feat," said Mark Tutssel, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett Worldwide. "With Diageo's 'Watermark' campaign, Leo Burnett Sydney aimed to create a permanent tribute to the towns fighting back from disaster. It united a social purpose with a creative platform that genuinely moved people into action."
Also of note, Leo Burnett Sri Lanka brought home its first Lion ever, a Bronze in Media for Ceylon Newspapers' "Paper Flag" campaign.
"This year, Cannes has seen an unprecedented number of entries and the creative standard has been set at an all time high," said Tutssel. "Media and Outdoor awards represent the importance of engaging people in unexpected, ambient environments. Our ability to break through the clutter in this atmosphere is truly inspired and demonstrates our global creative prowess."
Leo Burnett's Lions include:
- Creative Effectiveness: Diageo Australia Bundaberg Rum "Watermark" (Leo Burnett Sydney)
- Media: Door Step School "Ink Pad" – Best Localized Campaign (Leo Burnett Mumbai)
- Media: IKEA "Moving Day Wild Postings" – Best Use of Special Events and Stunt/Live Advertising (Leo Burnett Toronto)
- Media: McDonald's "Big Mac Song" – Best Localized Campaign (Leo Burnett Seoul)
- Media: Troy Public Library "Book Burning Party" – Best Localized Campaign (Leo Burnett Detroit)
- Media: Ceylon Newspapers "Paper Flag" – Best Consumer Engagement (Leo Burnett Sri Lanka)
- Media: No Rights, No Women "No Rights, No Women" – Best Use of Social Media Marketing (Leo Burnett Beirut)
- Media: Troy Public Library "Book Burning Party" – Best Use of Social Media Marketing (Leo Burnett Detroit)
- Media: No Rights, No Women "No Rights, No Women" – Charities, Public Health & Safety, Public Awareness Messages (Leo Burnett Beirut)
- Outdoor: McDonald's "Fry Lights" – Retail Stores, Restaurants & Fast Food Outlets (Leo Burnett Chicago)
- Outdoor: Raising the Roof "Raising the Roof – Dog, Outside, Help, Job" – Fundraising, Charities, Appeals, Non-Profit Organizations, Public Health & Safety, Public Awareness Messages (Leo Burnett Toronto)
- Outdoor: Fiat "Butler, Clown, Nurse" – Cars & Automotive Services (Leo Burnett Sao Paulo)
Leo Burnett Worldwide (www.leoburnett.com) is one of the world's largest agency networks and the parent company of Leo Burnett and its marketing services arm, Arc Worldwide. Leo Burnett, a HumanKind communications company, has a simple and singular approach: put a brand's purpose at the center of communications to truly connect with people. Leo Burnett, one of the most awarded creative communications companies in the world, creates "Acts, not just Ads," for some of the world's most valuable brands including The Coca-Cola Company, Kellogg's, McDonald's, Hallmark, P&G, Allstate and Nintendo.
SOURCE Leo Burnett Worldwide