Leo Burnett Worldwide Wins 18 Cannes Lions In Media And Outdoor Network recognized with four gold, four silver and ten bronze awards on the second day of the Festival
CANNES, France, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Leo Burnett Worldwide kicked off day two of the 2013 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity by breaking its overall shortlist record with 193 nominations, compared to 173 total shortlisted campaigns in 2012. The network also added four gold, four silver and ten bronze awards to the tally at tonight's Media, Mobile, Innovation and Outdoor ceremony, bringing the overall total to 28 Cannes Lions. Eight global offices, including Chicago, Colombo, Dubai, Frankfurt, Moscow, Sao Paulo, Sydney and Zurich, contributed to the overall network performance.
"From North America to Europe to Australia and India, all four corners of the globe represented Leo Burnett Worldwide tonight and I couldn't be more proud," said Mark Tutssel, Chief Creative Officer for Leo Burnett Worldwide. "Leo Burnett Worldwide made their way to the stage four times tonight at the Palais des Festivals to pick up four more highly prestigious Gold Cannes Lions in Outdoor and Media."
Vitoria F.C. soccer club's "My Blood is Red & Black," created by Leo Burnett Tailor Made (Sao Paulo) and Leo Burnett Sydney and Chicago's "Small World Machines" campaign for Coca-Cola each have three gold Lions at the close of day two.
"Small World Machines" won gold in the "Media: Best Use of Special Events and Stunt/Live Advertising" category as well as two silver Lions in both "Outdoor: Drinks Campaign" and "Outdoor: Stunts and Live Advertising" categories. In total, the campaign has won an impressive six Lions. Meanwhile, Leo Burnett Tailor Made was also recognized in the Outdoor category with a Gold Lion in the "Stunts and Live Advertising" sector for the agency's "My Blood is Red and Black" campaign.
Allstate's "Save 11" campaign, created by Leo Burnett Chicago, also won a Gold Lion in "Media: Financial Products & Services." The effort introduced a law to encourage safe driving amongst teenagers by limiting nighttime driving, reducing in-car distractions, restricting the number of friends allowed in vehicles and increasing the amount of training time required for teens to get their license.
Leo Burnett Zurich's "Everything We Need, Most Important Thing, Single, The Baby, Once, The End" print campaign for Swiss Life also won a Gold Lion in the "Outdoor: Copywriting" category.
Leo Burnett's Media, Mobile, Innovation and Outdoor Lions include:
- Media: Coca-Cola "Small World Machines" – Best Use of Special Events and Stunt/Live Advertising (Leo Burnett Sydney/Chicago)
- Media: Allstate "Save 11" – Financial Products & Services (Leo Burnett Chicago)
- Outdoor: Vitoria F.C. "My Blood is Red & Black" – Stunts & Live Advertising (Leo Burnett Tailor Made)
- Outdoor: Swiss Life "Everything We Need, Most Important Thing, Single, The Baby, Once, The End" – Campaign: Copywriting (Leo Burnett Zurich)
- Media: P&G Secret "Meanamorphosis" – Best Use of Screens (Leo Burnett Chicago)
- Outdoor: Coca-Cola "Small World Machines" – Campaign: Drinks (Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic) (Leo Burnett Sydney/Chicago)
- Outdoor: Coca-Cola "Small World Machines" – Stunts & Live Advertising (Leo Burnett Sydney/Chicago)
- Outdoor: Swiss Life "The Baby, Once, The End" – Campaign: Banking, Investment & Insurance (Leo Burnett Zurich)
- Media: Coca-Cola "Small World Machines" – Fast Moving Consumer Goods (Leo Burnett Sydney/Chicago)
- Media: Diageo Bundaberg Rum "Road to Recovery" – Best Use of Integrated Media (Leo Burnett Sydney)
- Media: Diageo Bundaberg Rum "Road to Recovery" – Best Use of Special Events and Stunt/Live Advertising (Leo Burnett Sydney)
- Media: Westone "Unity Paper" – Best Use of Print (Leo Burnett Colombo)
- Media: Nawras "Nawras Piggybacking" – Best Use of Digital Media (Leo Burnett Dubai)
- Media: Nawras "Nawras Piggybacking" – Commercial Public Services, including Healthcare & Medical (Leo Burnett Dubai)
- Media: McDonald's "A Ring to Bring them Closer" – Retail and E-Commerce, including Resultants (Leo Burnett Moscow)
- Media: Allstate "Save 11" – Charities, Public Health & Safety, Public Awareness Messages (Leo Burnett Chicago)
- Outdoor: Makita Power Tools "Empire State NYC, Gherkin Tower London, Burj Khalifa Dubai, Al Tijaria Tower Kuwait" Campaign: Home Appliances, Furnishings, Electronics & Audio Visual (Leo Burnett Frankfurt)
- Outdoor: Leroy Merlin "50 Rubles, 100 Rubles, 500 Rubles" – Campaign: Retail Stores, Restaurants & Fast Food Outlets (Leo Burnett Moscow)
For full coverage of this year's Cannes International Festival of Creativity visit LeoBurnett.com.
About Leo Burnett
Leo Burnett Worldwide, part of Publicis Groupe, is one of the world's largest agency networks with 96 offices and nearly 10,000 employees. In 2013, the global network was named "Most Awarded Network" by the International ANDY Awards and received "Network of the Year" honors from Dubai Lynx and AdFest. At the 2012 Cannes International Festival of Creativity, Leo Burnett won a record-breaking 55 Lions and was also named "Network of the Year" by YoungGuns, Golden Drum and the MENA Cristal Awards. A HumanKind communications company, Leo Burnett Worldwide has a simple and singular approach: put a brand's purpose at the center of communications to truly connect with people. Leo Burnett works with some of the world's most valuable brands including The Coca-Cola Company, Fiat, Kellogg's, McDonald's, Nintendo, P&G, Samsung and Tata among others. To learn more about Leo Burnett Worldwide visit our site, Facebook page and follow us via @leoburnett.
SOURCE Leo Burnett Worldwide