Leo Burnett Worldwide Wins Ten Cannes Lions During Day One Of Cannes Lions International Festival Of Creativity
Network wins three gold, four silver and three bronze awards at Creative Effectiveness, Promo & Activation, PR and Direct Show
CANNES, France, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Leo Burnett Worldwide won ten Lions – three gold, four silver and three bronze – during Monday night's Promo & Activation, PR and Direct ceremony held at the 60th annual Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Five offices, including Chicago, London, New York, Sao Paulo and Sydney contributed to the overall network performance. At the close of day one, Leo Burnett Worldwide has an impressive 160 shortlisted campaigns, which is just shy of the 173 total shortlisted campaigns in 2012 with seven additional categories to be named throughout the week.
"People today demand a direct reward from communications and expect instant gratification. It's evident by the remarkable work we saw in the category that it's evolved," said Mark Tutssel, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett Worldwide and President of the Cannes Direct Jury. "Our goal was to find ideas that create value and connect with people in new ways. The work the jury awarded is some of the most imaginative, engaging and inspiring work I've seen."
Leo Burnett Tailor Made (Sao Paulo) was the only Brazilian agency to win Gold in the Direct category. The agency's "My Blood is Red & Black" campaign for Vitória F.C. took Gold in "Direct – Ambient Media: Large Scale" and also brought home a Silver in the "Direct – Public Health & Safety, Public Awareness Messages" category. One of the most awarded pieces of 2013, the campaign, which changed the stripes of Vitória F.C.'s iconic jerseys from red to white and increased blood donations in Brazil by 46 percent, has been recognized with top honors at every international award show, including the International ANDY Awards, FIAP, New York Festivals, Goafest, CLIO Awards, the One Show, Next Awards and the D&AD Awards.
Leo Burnett Sydney and Chicago's collaborative effort to create Coca-Cola's "Small World Machines" campaign won the first two Gold Lions of the week for Coca-Cola, Cannes' 2013 Creative Marketer of the Year. It also won a Silver Lion in the "Direct – Best Integrated Marketing Led by Direct Marketing" category. The campaign was created to break down barriers and initiate a simple moment of happiness between two nations at odds – India and Pakistan - ultimately demonstrating that what unites us is much stronger than what sets us apart. "Small World Machines" is also shortlisted in Cannes' new Innovation category.
See below for a full list of awards won including award categories.
- Direct: Vitória F.C. "My Blood is Red & Black" – Ambient Media: Large Scale (Leo Burnett Tailor Made)
- Direct: Coca-Cola "Small World Machines" – Ambient Media: Large Scale (Leo Burnett Sydney/Chicago)
- Direct: Coca-Cola "Small World Machines" – Other Digital Platforms (Leo Burnett Sydney/Chicago)
- Direct: Village Voice "8 Million Protagonists" – Publications & Media (Leo Burnett New York)
- Direct: Village Voice "8 Million Protagonists" – Best Integrated Campaign Led by Direct Marketing (Leo Burnett New York)
- Direct: Vitória F.C. "My Blood is Red & Black" – Public Health & Safety, Public Awareness Messages (Leo Burnett Tailor Made)
- PR: Vitória F.C. "My Blood is Red & Black" – Corporate Responsibility (Leo Burnett Tailor Made)
- Direct: Coca-Cola "Small World Machines" – Best Integrated Campaign Led by Direct Marketing (Leo Burnett Sydney/Chicago)
- Direct: Pantone "Pantone Queen" – Dimensional Mailing (Leo Burnett London)
- Promo and Activation: Village Voice "8 Million Protagonists" – Best Use of Experiential Marketing in a Promotional Campaign (Leo Burnett New York)
For full coverage of this year's Cannes International Festival of Creativity visit LeoBurnett.com.
About Leo Burnett
Leo Burnett Worldwide, part of Publicis Groupe, is one of the world's largest agency networks with 96 offices and nearly 10,000 employees. In 2013, the global network was named "Most Awarded Network" by the International ANDY Awards and received "Network of the Year" honors from Dubai Lynx and AdFest. At the 2012 Cannes International Festival of Creativity, Leo Burnett won a record-breaking 55 Lions and was also named "Network of the Year" by YoungGuns, Golden Drum and the MENA Cristal Awards. A HumanKind communications company, Leo Burnett Worldwide has a simple and singular approach: put a brand's purpose at the center of communications to truly connect with people. Leo Burnett works with some of the world's most valuable brands including The Coca-Cola Company, Fiat, Kellogg's, McDonald's, Nintendo, P&G, Samsung and Tata among others. To learn more about Leo Burnett Worldwide visit our site, Facebook page and follow us via @leoburnett.
SOURCE Leo Burnett Worldwide
More by this Source
Leo Burnett Worldwide Blazes To The Top Of All Gunns Blazing In The 2014 Gunn Report
Feb 12, 2014, 14:46 ET
Leo Burnett Elevates Giles Hedger To Chief Strategy Officer Of Leo Burnett Worldwide
Jan 22, 2014, 16:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.