- Health Screenings: Cholesterol, Glucose, Blood Pressure, Vision
- Fitness: Zumba, Soccer, Gymnastics, Volleyball, Tennis, Kayaking and Fishing Clinics
- Health Information: Information on Healthcare and Financial Planning
- Nutrition: Fresh fruits and healthy snacks available, along with educational resources
- Family fun: Music, Dancing, Raffles and Giveaways, Martial Arts Demonstrations
Where: 501 East Ringgold Street, Brownsville, TX
When: Saturday, October 22, 2016 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
"We are celebrating a 10-year anniversary of ¡Vive tu vida! Get Up! Get Moving!, the nation's largest annual event series promoting healthy lifestyles in Hispanic communities," said Dr. Jane L. Delgado, President and CEO of the National Alliance for Hispanic Health, the nation's leading Hispanic health advocacy group. "Driven by a "can-do" volunteer spirit, ¡Vive tu vida! Get Up! Get Moving! is working neighbor-to-neighbor to support healthier environments."
"We are proud to support ¡Vive tu vida! Get Up! Get Moving!® events across the country," said Robert Forrester, president of Newman's Own Foundation. "The Foundation places a high priority on improving nutrition access, and National Alliance for Hispanic Health is working at the community level to advance the health and wellness of individuals."
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lets-celebrate-vive-tu-vida-get-up-get-moving-10th-year-anniversary-in-brownsville-texas-300346973.html
SOURCE National Alliance for Hispanic Health