- Health Screenings: Asthma, blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol, and HIV
- Fitness: Zumba, sports clinics, martial arts, and a dance-a-thon starting at 4 p.m.
- Health Information: Information for NY State of Health Marketplace, Medicaid and CHIP
- Nutrition: Fresh fruits and healthy snacks available, along with educational resources
- Family fun: Live music, dance performances, prizes and giveaways
Where: On St. Nicholas Avenue between 184th & 185th Street in Washington Heights, NY
When: Saturday, June 4, 2016 from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
"We are celebrating a 10-year anniversary of ¡Vive tu vida! Get Up! Get Moving!, the nation's largest annual event series promoting healthy lifestyles in Hispanic communities," said Dr. Jane L. Delgado, President and CEO of the National Alliance for Hispanic Health, the nation's leading Hispanic health advocacy group. "Driven by a "can-do" volunteer spirit, ¡Vive tu vida! Get Up! Get Moving! is working neighbor-to-neighbor to support healthier environments."
"We are proud to support ¡Vive tu vida! Get Up! Get Moving!® events across the country," said Robert Forrester, president of Newman's Own Foundation. "The Foundation places a high priority on improving nutrition access, and National Alliance for Hispanic Health is working at the community level to advance the health and wellness of individuals."
SOURCE National Alliance for Hispanic Health