Dr. Mario Ventura stated: "As Superintendent of the Isaac School District, I appreciate the opportunity to help promote a healthy and active lifestyle for our families and community. The District is happy to participate in this event with Concilio Latino de Salud."
- Health Screenings: FREE Health Screenings
- Fitness: Activities for Prizes! Basketball, Soccer, Jump Rope, Volleyball, Speed and Agility Ladder
- Health Information: Info on Arizona Health Insurance Marketplace
- Nutrition: Fresh fruits and healthy snacks available, along with educational resources
- Family fun: Games, Drumming Performance, Family Gardening Demo
Where: Isaac Middle School, 3402 W McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ
When: Saturday, October 22, 2016 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
"We are celebrating a 10-year anniversary of ¡Vive tu vida! Get Up! Get Moving!, the nation's largest annual event series promoting healthy lifestyles in Hispanic communities," said Dr. Jane L. Delgado, President and CEO of the National Alliance for Hispanic Health, the nation's leading Hispanic health advocacy group. "Driven by a "can-do" volunteer spirit, ¡Vive tu vida! Get Up! Get Moving! is working neighbor-to-neighbor to support healthier environments."
"We are proud to support ¡Vive tu vida! Get Up! Get Moving!® events across the country," said Robert Forrester, president of Newman's Own Foundation. "The Foundation places a high priority on improving nutrition access, and National Alliance for Hispanic Health is working at the community level to advance the health and wellness of individuals."
SOURCE National Alliance for Hispanic Health