SAO PAULO, Aug. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Level 3 Communications, Inc.'s (NYSE: LVLT) colocation services at data centers in Curitiba, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, have achieved a Report on Compliance with applicable portions of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) version 3.2. A PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) Qualified Security Assessor's audit confirms Level 3's colocation services at three Brazilian data centers meet all data security standards outlined in requirements 9 and 12 of PCI DSS version 3.2.
PCI DSS Version 3.2 Key Facts:
- The PCI SSC was established by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB and Discover Card for organizations that house, process and transmit credit card data.
- The process factors in industry feedback from the PCI Council's more than 700 global participating organizations, as well as data breach report findings.
- The new version is used by businesses around the world to safeguard payment data before, during and after a purchase is made.
- The update to the standards is part of a regular process for ensuring the PCI DSS addresses current challenges and threats.
Level 3 Key Facts:
- Level 3 operates more than 350 data centers worldwide.
- Level 3 data centers are managed on-site by a team of specialized technicians and have direct connectivity to its more than 320,000 km fiber network with metro market reach in more than 60 countries.
- In February 2016, Level 3 inaugurated its first Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) scrubbing center in São Paulo to provide increased performance and reduced network latency for customers under attack.
- In November 2015, Level 3 activated a power substation with a capacity of 20 MW to feed its data center in Cotia. This capacity is enough to support the growth of up to four times the current power demand, providing the flexibility to support customers' expansions.
- For more information about Level 3's data center services, visit: http://datacenters.level3.com/.
Paulo Poi, GRC Coordinator, PCI QSA
"Supported by the many already existing security controls, it was very natural for Level 3's Colocation Services to achieve this report on compliance with applicable requirements of PCI DSS. This report offers peace of mind to customers, confirming a controlled environment."
André Magno, Director of Data Center and Security, Level 3 Brazil
"Our customers need to ensure their IT services and data are housed by a provider that is wholly focused on the safety of their information. For Level 3, it was key to achieve a report on compliance with applicable requirements of this important international standard to demonstrate our commitment to security and safety to our customers in a variety of sectors, including e-commerce, retail and finance."
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/level-3s-colocation-services-at-brazil-based-data-centers-achieve-pci-dss-report-on-compliance-300319553.html
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.