SAO PAULO, June 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) received the Tier III Certification of Design Documents from Uptime Institute for its data center in Cotia, São Paulo, Brazil, signifying high design standards for data center infrastructure and capability. The data center in Cotia is one of three Level 3 operates in the region.
About the Certification:
- The Tier III Certification of Design Documents recognition indicates a data center design meets the demands determined by the global parameter system and the norms of the Uptime Institute for Simultaneous Maintenance.
- The ability for data center operators to isolate components and perform planned maintenance without suspending the data center's operations or affecting IT operations is a key element.
- Level 3 operates three data centers in Brazil, and more than 350 worldwide.
- Level 3's data centers host both Level 3's and customers' IT environments.
- Level 3's global data center footprint has direct connectivity to its more than 320.000 km of fiber network and metro market reach in more than 60 countries.
- Level 3 activated a power substation with capacity of 20 MW to feed its data center in Cotia. This capacity is enough to support growth of up to four times the current power demand, providing the flexibility to support customers' growth.
- Level 3 data centers are managed on-site by a team of specialized technicians.
- For more information about Level 3's data center services, visit: http://datacenters.level3.com/.
About the Uptime Institute Certification:
- The Uptime Institute is an independent international consulting organization, generally adopted by the market as reference for market practices on data center critical infrastructure.
- In general, a Tier III design certification takes into consideration the construction and operation of the data center, including physical and logical safety structures, air conditioning and power structures, in addition to operational procedures and the ability to identify and isolate eventual issues, guaranteeing the maintenance of specific areas without impacting other parts of the infrastructure.
André Magno, Director of Data Center and Security, Level 3 Brazil
"We understand our customers depend on us for a reliable data center experience and we are committed to delivering this secure, efficient and scalable solution. From the beginning of this project, a deep analysis was made to design a facility that considers our customers' security and the quality of the services provided to them, to meet the high standards demanded by the Uptime Institute."
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/level-3s-sao-paulo-data-center-receives-tier-iii-certification-from-uptime-institute-300288078.html
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.