LEXINGTON, Ky., March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Lexmark's fourth quarter financial results were highlighted by double-digit revenue growth in the company's high value areas of Managed Print Services (MPS) and Perceptive Software, which comprised more than 25 percent of the company's total revenue in the quarter. Highlights also included a record gross profit margin percentage for the fifth consecutive year, solid cash generation and the ongoing execution of the company's capital allocation framework.
- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2013. To access the earnings news release, click here, and for the earnings presentation, click here.
- Lexmark's Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.30 per share of Lexmark Class A Common Stock. The dividend is payable on March 14, 2014, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on March 3, 2014.
- After the close of the markets on Jan. 28, 2014, Lexmark entered into an accelerated share repurchase agreement (ASR Agreement) with The Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank). Pursuant to the terms of the ASR Agreement, the Company will purchase $21 million of the outstanding shares of its Class A Common Stock from Scotiabank.
Customer News and Company Recognition
- Lexmark has been recognized as a Leader in smart multifunction products (MFPs) by the IDC MarketScape 2013 Smart MFP report, which analyzes the strategies and current capabilities of companies providing smart MFPs.
- Lexmark's Perceptive Software announced that its Acuo vendor neutral archive (VNA) platform was ranked by global market research and consulting company MarketsandMarkets as the world market share leader among all independent and PACS-affiliated VNA solution providers.
- Lexmark's Perceptive Software announced that Catalyst, a provider of secure cloud-based software addressing the e-discovery, compliance and regulatory needs of Global 2000 corporations and their legal counsel, has licensed Perceptive Document Filters as a key component of its Catalyst Insight platform.
- Doosan Infracore International selected Perceptive Software for AP Automation for a $1.6 million total contract value.
- The U.S. General Services Administration has awarded a blanket purchase agreement to Lexmark as part of phase two of its MPS program, which is a major component of its Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative for Print Management.
Products, Software, Solutions and Services News
- Perceptive Software launched Perceptive Media Connector, which allows Perceptive Content customers to easily and securely capture, store and manage large and diverse rich media files.
- Lexmark was inducted into The Mopria Alliance, Inc., a global nonprofit membership organization comprised of leading global technology companies with the shared goal of providing intuitively simple wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation has again recognized Lexmark's commitment to equality in the workplace. The Foundation's 2014 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) ranks Lexmark among the top companies with a perfect score of 100. Lexmark has been recognized on the index every year since 2005.
- Lexmark presented one teacher with INSPIRE: Lexmark's Teaching Award. Bethany Neel, a math interventionist/resource teacher at Cane Ridge Elementary School in Paris, Ky., was recognized as an outstanding educator in the area of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
- Perceptive Software and the University of Kansas School of Engineering presented two educators with Educating Excellence awards. Kirsten Rhoads, a chemistry, physics and engineering instructor at Basehor-Linwood High School in Basehor, Kan., and Lewis McKenzie, a mathematics and engineering instructor at Ruskin High School in Kansas City, Mo., were honored as outstanding STEM educators.
- John Gagel, corporate manager of sustainability at Lexmark, has been named to the Manufacturing Leadership Council's Board of Governors.
Additional content is available on Lexmark's News Blog.
Lexmark is uniquely focused on connecting unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people that need it most. For more information, please visit www.lexmark.com.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All prices, features, specifications and capabilities are subject to change without notice.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.