NEW YORK, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Studio, the suite of premium kitchen appliances from LG Electronics, takes center stage at an intimate roundtable discussion about home design tailored towards the environment at the New York Museum of Arts and Design tonight.
For one evening only, the Museum will display selections from the premium kitchen line in the midst of a cocktail reception and roundtable discussion among design experts. As they explore the fusion of home design and "green" lifestyle, tastemakers, innovators and influencers in home design and sustainability will have the opportunity to tour the museum's kitchen suite exhibit, highlighted by the integrated and sophisticated design of two LG Studio refrigerators, gas cooktop, built-in double wall oven, slide-in-range, over-the-range microwave and dishwasher.
Peter Glatzer, film producer and co-founder of the award-winning sustainable lifestyle platform SHFT.com, will moderate the conversation. He will be joined by actor-filmmaker Adrian Grenier, co-founder of SHFT.com, and James Fishler, senior vice president, marketing and go-to-market operations, LG Electronics USA. Additional participants include:
- Environmental lifestyle expert, designer and sought-after magazine and television contributor Danny Seo;
- Interior designer, author and television personality Thom Filicia;
- Seasoned interior designer Jacqueline Hosford, the current New York Chapter president, American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) — whose design commissions have included kitchen and bath residence remodeling; and
- Kitchen design expert Tom Santer, projects vice president, Grohe.
"Driving innovation in the kitchen is more than features; it's a holistic approach that encompasses stylish design with an eye towards the environment," said Fishler. "Our LG Studio line empowers the creation of a sophisticated kitchen design with the latest features, all while providing outstanding energy-saving technology and smart innovations."
Fishler said LG's Studio suite features an uncompromising approach in design and function, offering a sophisticated aesthetic to enhance every kitchen's décor. With innovative LG features, a full two-year limited warranty and premium stainless steel finish, the line complements the modern, sustainable home — and showcases an innovative approach towards design.
The LG Studio line includes an array of kitchen products that can be customized to reflect an individual's preference and lifestyle. LG Studio appliances on display will include two refrigerators, the built-in Side-by-Side Refrigerator and the counter-depth French-Door Refrigerator.
The ENERGY STAR® qualified Side-by-Side Refrigerator adheres to rigorous energy standards — using at least 20 percent less energy than required by federal standards —and uncompromising design principles. The Side-by-Side Refrigerator offers the greatest capacity of any 42-inch width Side-by-Side Refrigerator*, while the Three-Door French-Door Refrigerator offers among the largest storage capacity in a counter-depth model, helping to deliver a more integrated look. An exclusive feature in the counter-depth category, the Three-Door model offers LG's convenient Door-in-Door™ innovation, consisting of a compartment inside one of the refrigerator doors allowing consumers easier access to everyday foods.
Between LG's patented Linear Compressor and Dual Evaporator, which reacts to keep humidity levels at optimal conditions, both refrigerators offer an energy efficient way to help keep foods at their peak while saving money on grocery and electricity bills. The Three-Door French-Door refrigerator also features LG's Smart Cooling Plus™ technology, which helps maintain optimal humidity and temperature levels to help keep food fresher longer.
Also exhibited will be select cooking products from the LG Studio line including:
- The 30" Gas Cooktop, showcasing high-performance cooking options, as well as versatility, style and design at their finest.
- The Built-in Double Wall Oven, which features an LCD SmoothTouch™ control system, 100 pre-loaded recipes and 42 pre-programmed auto-cook recipes through its Gourmet Recipe Bank.
- The Premium Electric Slide-In Range for a built-in look, which provides one of the largest oven capacities available at 5.4 cubic feet along with two fans and two built-in heating elements, providing faster preheat times and more even heat distribution for more overall uniform baking and roasting. It also features a baking drawer which allows temperature settings up to 450°F.
- The Over-the-Range Microwave, which features a warming lamp to keep food warm and an ExtendaVent canopy to capture smoke from the entire stove for greater ventilation in a quiet manner.
- The Fully-Integrated Steam Dishwasher with a height-adjustable third rack provides the gentle power of steam cleaning technology and is among the quietest in the industry.
For more information on LG's Studio suite of premium appliances, please visit http://lgusa.com/LGStudio.
*Based on leading manufacturers published specs.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $49 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. LG Electronics is a 2012 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA