ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., April 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics USA recently unveiled additions to its Nate Berkus-inspired suite of LG Studio appliances, the company's premium line of kitchen appliances that offers a superior combination of sophisticated aesthetic and high performance. Available now in retail stores nationwide, new additions to the line-up include a side-by-side built-in refrigerator, single- and double-wall ovens and gas cooktops.
The introduction of the new products to LG Studio's line-up marks a significant milestone in the expansion of the portfolio, doubling the number of Berkus-inspired appliances within the last year. Renowned designer and LG Studio Artistic Advisor, Nate Berkus, has been working with LG's design team for the last two years to ensure the LG Studio line of appliances blends best-in-class innovation with sleek, sophisticated design. The first Berkus-inspired appliances, which debuted in 2015, include a French-door refrigerator featuring LG's award winning Door-in-Door® feature, gas and electric slide-in ranges and an over-the-counter microwave oven.
With the addition of LG Studio's 2016 appliances, Berkus has now contributed to the consistent design palette found throughout the LG Studio portfolio. His design influence can be felt in the distinctive styling of the new appliances, which incorporate timeless, pro-style design features including the stainless steel ice and water dispenser, highly functional LED task lighting and stainless steel metal knobs with sleek SmoothTouch™ glass controls on the control panels of the wall ovens featuring unique red light indicators.
"I believe that a truly successful kitchen is one that marries beautiful design, innovative features and incorporates things that feel personal," said Berkus. "When designing the new LG Studio appliances we sought to combine the highest quality in design with the very best of the best in terms of functionality. From the robust metal knobs and the sleek, timeless stainless steel finish to the integration of LG's most innovative cooking technologies, the new LG Studio appliances will make the perfect statement in your home."
The new 2016 LG Studio suite of appliances includes:
- LG Studio 42-inch Side-By-Side Built-In Refrigerator (Model LSSB2692ST): The new 42-inch built-in side-by-side LG Studio refrigerator makes an impressive statement in any kitchen thanks to its timeless, pro-style design featuring a horizontally-brushed stainless-steel finish, beautiful interior LED lighting, sleek wave door handle and stainless-steel backed tall water and ice dispenser. LG's new refrigerator boasts an extra-large capacity of 26.5 cubic feet, allowing consumers to store more food than ever before, while delivering energy efficiency with its ENERGY STAR® certification. To create a more organized and functional interior, the new refrigerator includes Easy Moving Door Bins, allowing users to slide the door bins up and down with minimal effort so organization is simple and flexible. LG's Slim SpacePlus® Ice system, a streamlined ice-making system inside the door, frees up usable door bins and offers an obstruction-free top shelf, further maximizing storage space. This model also features LG's Smart Diagnosis, which interfaces with LG's service center, if needed, to diagnose issues and streamline the service process. This model is built for the long run, backed by LG's exclusive two-year warranty.
- Suggested retail price: $8,799
- LG Studio Single- and Double-Wall Ovens (Models LSWS306ST and LSWD306ST): The spacious new 4.7-cubic-foot LG Studio wall oven allows users to cook like a professional at home. Available in both single- and double-wall configurations, these ovens feature a beautiful design including stainless steel knobs with SmoothTouch™ glass controls on the control panel as well as a brilliant blue oven interior. The new oven also features LG's exclusive 4-Mode True Convection technology, allowing hot air to flow throughout the oven cavity to maximize heat distribution, pre-heat the oven faster and cook meals evenly on every rack. The four modes include bake, roast, crisp and healthier roast. To maximize safety and ease of use, these models include LG's Gliding Rack System – an adjustable full extension rack that glides out effortlessly and extends over the open oven door for easy access to food. Users can now baste, monitor and take the temperature of foods from a safe distance. The ovens also include LG's Hidden Bake, which conceals the lower oven bake element to eliminate hard-to-reach areas that collect food and spills for easy cleaning. When cooking is finished, cleanup is simple with LG's EasyClean® technology, the fastest oven cleaning feature on the market. The technology works in three simple steps: users simply spray water to the interior walls of the oven, start the EasyClean® function to allow the oven to heat up and after 10 quick minutes, the mess inside the wall can simply be wiped away. The simplified process is a result of LG's innovative oven enamel technology, eliminating the need for chemicals or high heat to rid the oven of grime.
- Suggested retail price: $2,299 (single wall oven model LSWS306ST) and $3,499 (double wall oven model LSWD306ST)
- LG Studio 30- and 36-inch Gas Cooktops (Models LSCG307ST and LSCG367ST):The professional-looking, stainless steel gas cooktop, available in 30- and 36-inch models, provides a versatile element that can be seamlessly integrated into different sized kitchens and design configurations. These cooktops were designed with today's home chef in mind, complete with a powerful, dual-stacked center burner, two twin burners with a matching griddle and a separate simmer burner, allowing flexibility when cooking from boiling to warming all at once. The cooktops incorporate LG Studio's pro-style design with a stainless steel finish, robust metal knobs, heavy-duty cast iron grates and beautiful red LED lighting that illuminates the control knobs when the burner is on.
- Suggested retail price: $1,299 (30-inch model LSCG307ST) and $1,499 (36-inch model LSCG367ST)
"LG is committed to creating appliances that deliver the most innovative technology on the market. The entire LG Studio suite, now expanded for 2016, goes a step further by marrying our best-in-class innovation with a truly outstanding design," said David VanderWaal, vice president of marketing, LG Electronics USA. "We're grateful to Nate Berkus, who's lent his design expertise to LG Studio for more than two years, and we look forward to working with him to continue to refine the LG Studio suite, ensuring it always represents the highest level of form and function."
The new Berkus-inspired LG Studio appliances are currently available at specialty kitchen and bath retailers nationwide. For information on the entire line of LG Studio premium appliances, please visit www.lgstudio.com.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $49 billion global force and technology leader in home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications. LG Electronics, a proud 2015 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, sells a range of stylish and innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, mobile phones, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LG.com.
About Nate Berkus
Since designer Nate Berkus established his award-winning interior design firm at the age of 24, his approachable and elevated philosophy has transformed countless homes around the world through his design work, home collections, books, television shows and media appearances. Ever since Berkus' first appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show in 2002, he has become one of the world's most recognizable interior designers. His work has been featured in publications including Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, VOGUE, InStyle, O Magazine, People and ELLE DÉCOR, which included him on their "A-List" of the world's top designers. His popular product lines include a home collection sold at Target, a fabric line at JoAnn Fabric & Craft Stores. He is also Artistic Advisor for the LG Studio line of appliances. He has authored two New York Times bestselling books, and in 2011, he served as Executive Producer of the Oscar winning film, The Help. Audiences followed Berkus through his own television shows, the daily-syndicated The Nate Berkus Show and 2014's American Dream Builders (NBC). Nate is currently working on a new project that will return him to television. To learn more about Nate Berkus, please visit www.nateberkus.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lg-electronics-debuts-expanded-line-of-nate-berkus-inspired-lg-studio-kitchen-appliances-300249651.html
SOURCE LG Electronics USA