LG Electronics Teams Up With Fry's To Bring 'EzSign TV' Display Solution To More Small Businesses EzSign TV, LG's Popular Turnkey Digital Signage Solution, Now Available in Fry's Electronics Stores Across the Country
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., July 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Helping more small business owners access affordable digital signage technology, LG Electronics USA has joined forces with Fry's Electronics Inc. to offer the popular LG EzSign TVs in all Fry's retail stores nationwide, in addition to the retailer's website, www.frys.com.
A turnkey digital signage solution for small- and medium-size businesses (SMBs), EzSign TV offers high-quality picture and contrast ratios combined with customizable content running simultaneously with live TV or another external media source, attracting attention while delivering messaging to consumers.
Now available for purchase in all 34 Fry's retail locations and online, the 32-, 42- and 47-inch class sizes (31.5-, 42.0-, 47.0-inch diagonal, respectively) of the EzSign LD452B LCD TV series include an internal media player, complete software package with custom signage templates and commercial-grade display settings to optimize power savings and product lifespan.
Fry's Electronics is the first retail outlet to both sell and display the commercial EzSign TV product in-store, providing the opportunity for small business owners to learn more about the product and "test drive" it in a retail setting. First introduced in 2011, EzSign TV has grown in popularity and expanded sales channels to include Direct Market Retailers (DMRs), IT integrators, professional/custom A/V dealers and installers and digital signage resellers.
"Given the increase in 'Do-It-Yourself' small business owners turning to traditional electronics retailers for business solutions, teaming up with Fry's to reach this customer segment was a natural fit for LG and a turnkey commercial product like EzSign TV," said Rick Calacci, vice president of regional sales, LG Electronics USA. "Progressive home electronics retailers like Fry's are expanding both in-store and online inventory to include the latest small business solutions, and LG sees this as a trend that will continue as the 'D-I-Y' small business segment matures."
An Evolving Small Business Display Market
Unit shipments of EzSign TV have nearly doubled this year, illustrating the growing demand for digital signage solutions across SMB categories – from retail and restaurant to hospitality, healthcare and education settings.
Decreased barriers to entry such as attractive price points and more intuitive technologies continue to fuel digital signage adoption across the SMB segment. A May 2012 report from IMS Research (recently acquired by IHS Inc.), "The World Market for Digital Signage – 2012," cites that approximately 50 percent of digital signage sales are from SMBs.
"The small business segment of our customer base has always been very strong at Fry's, and many of these customers are seeking televisions for customer entertainment, communications and digital signage uses," said Randy Fry, co-founder and president, Fry's Electronics, Inc. "It made perfect sense for Fry's to work with our trusted vendor, LG, to bring an all-in-one display option such as EzSign TV to this growing customer base."
Bringing Award-Winning Technology to Small Business
Honored by CRN as "Product of the Year'' in 2011 and by Commercial Integrator as the industry's best 2012 digital signage hardware hardware*, the LG EzSign TV is an innovation in digital signage, combining LG's advanced display technology with the benefits of a "smart" commercial display solution.
- Cost Effective: Designed as a turnkey signage solution for SMBs, EzSign TV includes an internal media player and all software for set-up and ongoing operation, eliminating the need for costly peripherals, software and professional support.
- Customizable: Users can quickly and easily create custom content by using any PC and the free EzSign software, and then transfer that content by using a USB flash drive and plug it in to the EzSign TV to run content in the form of a billboard – no additional hardware is needed. More than 50 templates provide a variety of options for displaying a combination of advertisement, informational content and live television broadcast on the same screen.
- Commercial Features: With EzSign TV, SMBs benefit from an all-in-one signage solution with a commercial limited warranty that's longer than consumer displays used in commercial settings. Plus, with USB cloning, operators can also easily transfer public displays settings from the "Master TV" to an unlimited number of televisions of the same type and configuration, effectively synching all on-site displays.
- Energy Efficient: Using LG's EcoSmart™ technology, all EzSign TVs are designed to be ENERGY STAR® qualified. EzSign TV also features a number of public display and power management settings to optimize energy efficiency within commercial environments where continuous operation is often a factor.
In addition to the LD452B LCD TV series available for purchase at Fry's Electronics, LG offers a variety of EzSign TV solutions to meet SMB display needs, including LV355B and LT560E series LED displays in 32-, 37- 42-, 47- and 55-inch class sizes (31.5-, 37.0, 42.0-, 47.0- and 54.6-inch diagonal, respectively), featuring auto-scheduling and wireless network options.
For more information on LG's EzSign TV and full range of commercial display solutions for small-, mid- and large-scale operations, please visit: www.lgsolutions.com. For more information about EzSign TVs available through Fry's Electronics, visit www.frys.com.
About LG Electronics USA
The LG Electronics USA Home Electronics Business-to-Business division serves customers in the U.S. digital signage, systems integration, lodging and hospitality, healthcare, education, government and industrial markets. Based in Lincolnshire, Ill., with its dedicated engineering and customer support team, LG Electronics USA Home Electronics Business-to-Business delivers business-to-business technology solutions tailored to the particular needs of business environments. LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $49 billion global force in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. LG Electronics is a 2012 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. For more information, please visit www.LGSolutions.com.
* CRN "Product of the Year" award received for LV355B series EzSign TV and Commercial Integrator Awards received for LT560E series EzSign TV.
Designs, features and specifications subject to change without notice.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA, Inc.