Liberty Mutual Insurance Celebrates The "Rise" Of 13 U.S. Olympic And Paralympic Athletes Team Liberty Mutual showcases the power of the human spirit to come back from life's setbacks
BOSTON, Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Liberty Mutual Insurance, the Official Property and Casualty and Life Insurance Partner of the 2014 and 2016 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams, today unveiled the roster of U.S. Olympic and Paralympic athletes the company will support for the 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. Team Liberty Mutual will assist the insurer in their new marketing campaign, which celebrates human persistence, highlights what is possible with the support of others, and showcases the determination in all who face a setback to come back and "Rise."
"Liberty Mutual has been providing support, strength and hope to our customers as they attempt to come back from life's setbacks for more than 100 years and this great team of athletes reminds us that with the right amount of support, every one of us can come back and achieve great things," said Paul G. Alexander, Liberty Mutual Insurance chief communications officer. "These athletes have endured struggles, just like many of our customers, and we are proud to be an ally to them both. We know the dedication it takes to become the best at what you do and are thrilled to support them on their journeys for Olympic gold."
Meet Team Liberty Mutual
Each of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls, athletes and legends selected to Team Liberty Mutual for the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games reflects the "Rise" theme. Altogether, Team Liberty Mutual members have appeared in a combined 12 Olympic Winter Games, winning eight Olympic and Paralympic medals, as well as numerous national and international titles. Members of Team Liberty Mutual include:
- Max Aaron, Figure Skating – Olympic hopeful, 2013 U.S. national champion and 2011 U.S. junior champion
- J.R. Celski, Short Track Speedskating – Two-time Olympic bronze medalist, Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games
- Jazmine Fenlator, Bobsled – Olympic hopeful and pilot of the US-2 bobsled
- Jen Hudak, Freestyle Skiing – Olympic hopeful and five-time X Games medalist
- Jessica Jerome, Ski Jumping – Olympic hopeful and nine-time U.S. champion
- Chris Klug, Alpine Snowboarding – Two-time U.S. Olympian (1998, 2002) and bronze medalist in alpine snowboarding at the Salt Lake City 2002 Olympic Winter Games
- Jocelyne and Monique Lamoureux, Ice Hockey – Twin sisters and Olympic silver medalists at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games
- Rico Roman, Sled Hockey – Member of the 2014 Paralympic Sled Hockey Team and two-time IPC Sled Hockey World Championship medalist
- Andy Soule, Paralympic Nordic Skiing/Biathlon – Paralympic bronze medalist in biathlon at the Vancouver 2010 Paralympic Winter Games and first-ever American to win a medal in biathlon in either the Olympic or Paralympic Winter Games
- Picabo Street, Alpine Skiing – Olympic gold medalist at the Nagano 1998 Olympic Winter Games and silver medalist at the Lillehammer 1994 Olympic Winter Games
- Katie Uhlaender, Skeleton – Two-time Olympian (2006, 2010), six-time World Championship medalist and 2012 U.S. Skeleton athlete of the year
- Seth Wescott, Snowboardcross – Two-time Olympic gold medalist (2006, 2010) and nine-time X Games medalist
"I am thrilled to team up with Liberty Mutual Insurance and this incredible group of athletes," said short track speedskater J.R. Celski, who won bronze medals in the 1500m and 5000m relay in Vancouver. "I have faced setback and challenges along my journey and I would not be able to succeed at my dream without the support of friends, family and sponsors, like Liberty Mutual Insurance, who help me rise up to reach my goals."
Leading up to and during the Olympic Winter Games, fans can watch a series of moving "Rise" vignettes that follow the inspirational journey of each Team Liberty Mutual athlete at LibertyMutual.com/TeamUSA. In addition to highlighting Liberty Mutual Insurance's "Rise" campaign, these videos are designed to engage Americans in celebrating the power of human persistence as well as rallying support for these inspirational members of Team USA.
An Ongoing Commitment to Team USA and Youth Sports
In addition to announcing their team of athletes, Liberty Mutual Insurance is proud to be the presenting sponsor of the USOC's Road to Sochi Tour. Visitors to Liberty Mutual Insurance's experiential footprint at the Road to Sochi Tour will be able to learn more about the "Rise" campaign and Team Liberty Mutual, meet U.S. Olympians and Paralympians past and present, and participate in the Rise social conversation by thanking someone who helped them rise from a challenge using #RISE. The company is committed to supporting Team USA through multiple other initiatives leading up to and during the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games as well as the 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro as the official auto, home, life and business insurance partner of the USOC.
The company also supports the development of youth sports through its Liberty Mutual Insurance Responsible Sports™ initiative, which provides resources to volunteer youth sports coaches and parents who help children succeed both on and off the field. Since 2007, the Liberty Mutual Insurance Responsible Sports program has supported youth sports organizations across the country through partnerships with Positive Coaching Alliance, Amateur Softball Association of America, USA Hockey, USA Wrestling, US Youth Soccer, USA Volleyball and USA Water Polo.
About Liberty Mutual Insurance
"Helping people live safer, more secure lives" since 1912, Boston-based Liberty Mutual Insurance is a diversified global insurer and the third largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on 2012 direct premiums written as reported by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. The company ranks 81st on the Fortune 100 list of largest U.S. corporations based on 2012 revenue.
Liberty Mutual Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, workers compensation, property, commercial automobile, general liability, global specialty, group disability, reinsurance and surety. Liberty Mutual Insurance (www.libertymutualinsurance.com) employs over 50,000 people in approximately 900 offices throughout the world. Liberty Seguros (Brazil) is a National Supporter and Official Insurer of the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the 2013 FIFA Confederation Cup, both of which are in Brazil.
About the USOC
Founded in 1894 and headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., the U.S. Olympic Committee serves as both the National Olympic Committee and National Paralympic Committee for the United States. As such, the USOC is responsible for the training, entering and funding of U.S. teams for the Olympic, Paralympic, Youth Olympic, Pan American and Parapan American Games, while serving as a steward of the Olympic and Paralympic Movements throughout the country. For more information, visit TeamUSA.org.
SOURCE Liberty Mutual