LifeShield Gets Savvy with Social Media to Engage Customers on a Fun, Personal Level
The Shift from Traditional Home Security Company Fear-based Marketing to a Friendlier Approach Has Customers Liking LifeShield in Record Numbers
YARDLEY, Pa., June 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LifeShield™ Security has cracked the code on social media marketing for the home security space. Upon launching a multi-tiered approach to engaging with consumers digitally, LifeShield has learned how to connect with its users in new ways while also providing a social online atmosphere where customers can engage with each other.
"Popular contests, thousands of Facebook followers, and a growing library of viral videos show just how much consumers have come to love LifeShield," said Shannon Dominello , CMO, LifeShield. "Because LifeShield's wireless technology is as much a lifestyle choice as it is a financial one for customers, we have embraced social media as a way to reach out to them on a personal level and it has really paid off. We now have a direct line into how they think, communicate and react to us as a company, as well as to general interest news and topics. This helps us better understand our customers and ultimately, deliver a better product."
LifeShield is present on the Web in multiple ways for customers and potential customers to get involved and have some fun. A sampling of LifeShield's social media presence includes:
- Infographics on topics like Best Guard Dogs, Residential Home Security and others that deliver real data and information in an easy format with clever images that's fun to read.
- Facebook page with thousands of followers. Activity spikes around frequent contests and giveaways where consumers can win the latest tech gadgets.
- YouTube Channel for Fan and How-To videos for hooking up your LifeShield system. Customers post new videos regularly offering tips and techniques for fellow customers on best ways to install and unique ideas on securing different areas around the home.
- Home Security Blog covers crime and home security articles in the news as well as lifestyle and general interest stories.
- Family and Parenthood Blog for general interest stories geared to Moms.
- Viral memes and videos is a page listing helpful and entertaining home security "shorts" to help keep the bad out of your home and neighborhood. Samples include "Bad Home Security Ideas" and "Protect what You Love" videos.
- DIY Pinterest images to interact with customers through virtual pinboards. We pin everything from wireless tech gadgets to DIY home tips.
"From the initial self-installation to the customizable LifeView monitoring options, LifeShield is a product that quickly becomes a unique personal experience to each user based on how they use it as well as where they happen to live," said Evan Kramer , SVP Interactive Marketing, LifeShield. "We wanted to extend our customer relationship to be more than just the 'here for you 24/7' company because that can be very one-sided. Our customers are tech-friendly so we continue to try new things and, in the process, have had a lot of fun getting to know our customers better."
Anyone interested in becoming more engaged with LifeShield is encouraged to fan the company on Facebook, subscribe to the home security blog to be alerted to special contests, content and video channel updates or click through any of the links above to check us out.
About LifeShield™ Security
LifeShield™ Security is the first national, professional grade and professionally monitored wireless security system that uses an easy to set-up "plug and protect" process, providing superior home protection and the best value in total home security. For more on LifeShield Security, visit www.lifeshield.com.
SOURCE LifeShield Security
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.