YARDLEY, Pa., Nov. 17, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Tis the season to be wary. LifeShield Security, a national leader and innovator in wireless home security and monitoring, is encouraging all Americans to be extra cautious during the upcoming holiday months. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, nearly 400,000 burglaries occur in the United States from November through December every year. LifeShield's team of home security specialists have put together their "Top 5 Do-It-Yourself Tips" on how anyone can help make their home more secure.
LifeShield's "Top 5 Do-It-Yourself Tips" for increased home security:
1. Leaving empty boxes from your new computer, television set, etc, on the curb for trash pick-up signifies to potential burglars that you have valuable goods within your home. Make sure they are broken down and concealed.
2. Frost or cover your garage windows and/or doors. This will make a burglar unable to tell whether or not you are home.
3. When any and all delivery people deliver a package, you have the right to ask for identification. Please do this, especially during the holidays when parcel deliveries are in excess.
4. Make sure the voice message on your mobile phone and/or landline does not indicate that you are away from your home for any period of time. The same goes for your social media status.
5. Make sure that all main entryways into your home are secured with a deadbolt. This adds extra strength to the door, making it much harder to be broken down.
While each of these tips guarantee to help make your home safer, nothing can compare to the protection that a professional grade home security system has to offer. What is even more important than having a home security system is making sure that you choose one that is best-suited for you and your home. LifeShield Security's Founder & COO Louis Stilp encourages you to ask yourself the following questions before purchasing a home security system:
- Is it affordable?
- Is it wireless?
- Can it be armed and disarmed remotely?
- Does it offer four layers of protection?
- What type of monitoring accompanies the system?
LifeShield Security fulfills all of your home security needs. The system is completely wireless making it ideal for all types of people, including: renters, homeowners and small business owners. It provides remote capabilities, boasts superior protection and promises the best value in total home security. LifeShield's four layers of backup protection allow it to remain working even if the customer's Internet is down, there is a power outage or if the phone lines are cut. Round-the-clock monitoring is offered through Guardian Protection Services, one of the largest security monitoring companies in the United States. Added bonuses include: the LifeShield Smartphone Application compatible with iPhone, BlackBerry and Droid; HomeView cameras with Wi-Fi capabilities; SMS and e-mail alerts; and MyLifeShield, the unique monitoring record system which allows you to log in and view the complete history of who has been in and out of your home each day.
Proper home security is an important factor to consider all year round. However, with increased crime occurring every holiday season, the lack of a security system places your home at an even higher risk for break-ins. Now is the time to start thinking about how you will keep the holiday spirit in and burglars out.
For a limited time, new customers can enjoy a 30-day risk-free trial and Pay-As-You-Go pricing with no annual contract. For more information, visit www.LifeShield.com, or contact 1-866-222-8580. To view a brief video about LifeShield Security, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mvEoV1I6kM.
CONTACT: Rob Bailey, Rob Bailey Communications, (201) 760-0200 ext.101, firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT: Delphine Carroll, LifeShield Security, (484) 645-1455, email@example.com
This press release was issued through 24-7PressRelease.com. For further information, visit http://www.24-7pressrelease.com.
SOURCE LifeShield Security