Light Up Halloween with RadioShack DIY Costumes and Accessories for All Ages DIY Destination Says Don't Be Spooked by Cookie-Cutter Costumes
FORT WORTH, Texas, Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The experts at RadioShack unveiled five fun light-up DIY costumes and accessories to help trick-or-treaters unleash their creativity and save money. According to the latest consumer survey conducted by the National Retail Federation, more than $1.4 billion will be spent on children's costumes this year. Even scarier than the cost of these costumes is the thought of looking identical to someone else!
Suitable for all skill levels and made with supplies available at your local RadioShack, craft stores and even around the house, these home-made costumes and accessories will stand out in the crowd.
Find step-by-step instructions and images for the ideas below on RadioShack's blog:
- Light Up Hoodie – Glow in the dark with this light up hoodie, a spooktacular idea from our friends at Make. Grab any hoodie, some RadioShack EL tape, a RadioShack battery-powered inverter, and Enercell batteries and combine to create a creepy effect.
- Light Up Fairy Wings – Take your fairy costume up a notch with light up wings. The LED's flash looks like you're flying through the night.
- Magic Wand – Little witches and wizards will have a great time with this light-up wand. This project is easy to create and allows for a lot of creativity. Decorate the wand any way you want and cast your spells all night long.
- Superhero Cuffs – Superheroes are cool, but they are much cooler when their costumes light up. Grab some felt, add some LEDs and a button battery, and get ready to outshine those cookie-cutter costumes.
- Robot Costume – If you're ready for a more advanced project, the robot costume is here to help. This one takes creativity and a little elbow grease but will really stand out Halloween night.
These costumes and accessories feature versatile DIY supplies available for in-store pick up today, including electroluminescent (EL) wire and tape, light emitting diodes (LEDs), watch batteries and more.
Once you've made your costume, share a photo on Twitter (@RadioShack) or Instagram using #HackyHalloween for your chance to win a RadioShack Prize Pack valued at more than $100, featuring an AUVIO Bluetooth speaker!*
To get into the spooky spirit while creating a costume, check out RadioShack's new video on how to survive a zombie apocalypse!
*One entry per person. Contest ends at 11:59PM CT Thursday, October 31, 2013. Winners will be chosen randomly and announced after 2:00 pm CST on Tuesday, November 5, 2013 and will be contacted via the platform they entered on (Twitter/Instagram). Prize will be shipped 2-3 weeks after the winners have been selected. Photo must show a DIY Halloween costume and have the #HackyHalloween hashtag.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes more than 4,300 company-operated stores in the United States, 270 company-operated stores in Mexico, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-3300, Media.Relations@RadioShack.com
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation