Lighthouse International Launches 'Will I Be Able To Read' Campaign
NEW YORK, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- 'Will I Be Able to Read?' is the question that someone diagnosed with macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinitis pigmentosa, or other eye diseases always asks. Lighthouse International, the leading nonprofit organization fighting vision loss through prevention, treatment and empowerment, is beginning a new advertising campaign entitled, 'Will I Be Able to Read?'
The campaign's focus is to let those with vision loss, as well as their families, caregivers, and loved ones, know that there is help, hope and resources available to enhance their quality of life and enable them to live safely and independently. Lighthouse International offers many services and programs that help people of all ages overcome the challenges of vision loss.
Ads will appear in subways throughout New York City from the beginning of November through the beginning of December. The ads will appear in about 1,000 different subway cars and are estimated to reach an approximate of 64,094,000 people.
Lighthouse International programs and services include:
- Low vision exams expert eye doctors and visual aids to help maximize remaining vision.
- Instruction and guidance on accessible technology.
- Rehabilitation services to restore safety and independence for people whose diminished sight puts them at risk of injury, job loss and other disabling consequences.
- Social services to help with the emotional and life-altering challenges of vision loss.
- Music school — the only community music school for people with vision loss in the US — offering accessible instruction and a music technology center.
- Pre-school – for children who are visually impaired learn.
- Advocacy on behalf of people with vision loss both nationally and internationally.
The Lighthouse relies on the generosity of individuals, corporations, organizations and foundations to support programs and services.
About Lighthouse International Founded in 1905, Lighthouse International is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to fighting vision loss through prevention, treatment and empowerment. It achieves this through clinical and rehabilitation services, education, research and advocacy. For more information about vision loss and its causes, contact Lighthouse International at 1-800-829-0500 or visit www.lighthouse.org.
SOURCE Lighthouse International
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.