Lightway Publishes Its First Sustainability Report
BEIJING, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lightway Green New Energy Co. Ltd. ("Lightway"), a steadily-growing, international, vertically-integrated manufacturer with high quality products, professional solutions and best customer service, today is pleased to publish its first corporate sustainability report.
The report covers the progress and initiatives made by the company in 2012, including making all aspects of Lightway's business activities and operations sustainable, including the company's management, manufacturing and operations, customer service, employee care and corporate social responsibility.
Lightway's commitment to sustainable development has become a blueprint for Lightway's culture. This report will illustrate clearly how Lightway has applied sustainable principles throughout its whole production and operation processes to maximize economic, environmental and social interests. Key improvements include the following:
- Throughout 100% of its vertical integration and advanced equipment, Lightway gives commitment to its high-quality products by providing comprehensive customer service, product warranties and third-party insurance, as well as third-party Independence Engineering Assessment.
- By the end of 2012, the average conversion efficiency of Lightway's polycrystalline cells was a breakthrough 17.7%, with plans to reach 18.0% by 2013.
- Through 2012, Lightway deployed approximately 174MW of solar power to our customers. An estimated 19,102,615kWh of solar energy has been generated, for an annual savings of 3,758.95 tons of standard coal and 9,848.4 tons of CO2.
- Lightway is committed to ensuring that our employees have a safe and healthy working environment by operating with "safety first" in mind. Compared with 2011, the number of occupational injuries has been reduced by 52.94%.
- In support of charity, community and education, Lightway had donated nearly 1,000,000 RMB by the end of 2012.
"We are proud to showcase Lightway's first corporate sustainability report. This report indicates our achievements on applying sustainable principles across our business. As the rise and the impact of climate change around the world is becoming more visible each year, we will further lead in the development of a robust and sustainable market for renewable energy," Mr. Qiang WEI, the chairman of Lightway noted.
Lightway's 2012 Sustainability Report refers to the current Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines. The report can be viewed and downloaded at http://www.lightwaysolar.com/download_detail.html?id=6. We appreciate your feedback, as well as any suggestions for our improvement.
Lightway, founded in 2008 and a now steadily growing company, manufactures excellent quality products, provides professional solutions and outstanding customer service, and has been recognized as a world-leading international company. Through vertical integration, the company invests in quality solar projects and uses distributed generation. Lightway has successfully accomplished solar projects of all kinds in a wide range of markets including Europe, North America, China, Australia, and Asia-Pacific regions. Through sustainable development, Lightway is dedicated to meeting the energy demands of a changing world. For more information, please check our website: http://www.lightwaysolar.com/
SOURCE Lightway Solar
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.