Lilly Oncology to Release New Pipeline Data at ASCO 2013
Data from Pipeline Molecules Targeting Key Cancer Pathways to be Presented
INDIANAPOLIS, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) will present data from key molecules that make up its clinical oncology pipeline during the 49th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) held in Chicago, Ill. from May 31 – June 4, 2013. Lilly Oncology's pipeline is one of the most robust in the industry, with more than 20 molecules in early- and late-stage development, targeting a variety of difficult-to-treat cancers.
"This year's ASCO conference theme, 'Building Bridges to Conquer Cancer,' is especially relevant as it is vital to work together to find clinical solutions to assist in the well-being of patients," said Richard Gaynor, M.D. vice president of product development and medical affairs for Lilly Oncology. "In today's medical landscape, the entire oncology community needs to constantly be looking for ways to build bridges—with each other, with academia, with patients and with the regulatory bodies. These bridges supply us with the communication and knowledge we need to advance the treatment of cancer."
Select studies, along with the times and locations of their data sessions, are highlighted below.
CDK4/6 Inhibitor (LY2835219)
- Abstract #2500: Oral Abstract Session: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- A first-in-human Phase 1 study of the CDK4/6 inhibitor, LY2835219, for patients with advanced cancer
- Author/Speaker: Geoffrey Shapiro, M.D., Ph.D.
- Location: S406
MET Antibody (LY2875358)
- Abstract #8093: General Poster Session: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 8:00 AM - 11:45 AM
- First-in-human dose escalation study of LY2875358 (LY), a bivalent MET antibody, as monotherapy and in combination with erlotinib (E) in patients with advanced cancer
- Author/Speaker: Jonathan W. Goldman, M.D.
- Location: S Hall A2
TGF Beta (LY2157299)
- Abstract #4118: General Poster Session: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 8:00 AM - 11:45 AM
- Randomized dose comparison Phase 2 study of the oral transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-b) receptor I kinase inhibitor LY2157299 monohydrate (LY) in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
- Author/Speaker: Sandrine J. Faivre, M.D., Ph.D.
- Location: S Hall A2
This press release contains forward-looking statements about the potential of LY2835219, LY2875358 and LY2157299 as treatments for various cancers and reflects Lilly's current beliefs. However, as with any pharmaceutical product, there are substantial risks and uncertainties in the process of development and commercialization. There is no guarantee that these products will be commercially successful. For further discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties, see Lilly's filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Lilly undertakes no duty to update forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Eli Lilly and Company
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.