Limited Release Samuel Adams® Brewlywed Ale Available One Day Only at "Brewlywed at the Brewery" Samuel Adams Taps Brides and Grooms Nationwide with the Help of TheKnot.com, Inviting Them to the Boston Brewery on July 26
BOSTON, July 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- On July 26, brides- and grooms-to-be are cordially invited to the Samuel Adams Boston Brewery to celebrate their love…of beer. Beer has been an essential component of weddings for centuries. The medieval word "ale" is actually rooted in the word "bridal," which refers to a festive occasion where much ale is drunk in celebration. The brewers at Samuel Adams hold this tradition near and dear; in fact, Founder and Brewer Jim Koch brewed the first batch of Samuel Adams® Noble Pils for his daughter's wedding day.
To give couples the chance for a specialty brew as they say "I do," the brewers created Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale, a limited release Belgian-style pale golden ale available for purchase on just one day, July 26, only at the Samuel Adams Boston Brewery. A distinct and complex brew, Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale offers layers of flavor including fruit and honeysuckle notes from the Belgian yeast, sweetness from malt and citrus character from hops. Just 500 cases have been brewed for the "big day," so individuals or couples that are recently engaged or married (or anyone looking for a unique, beyond-the-registry gift) can line up for their chance to purchase a bottle or case. Grab those veils and cummerbunds, because the first 20 hopefuls to show up in wedding wear will be moved to the front of the line. And, whoever travels the farthest to "Brewlywed at the Brewery" will receive a bottle signed by Jim Koch and private tasting with a Samuel Adams brewer.
The day will also include beer pairing suggestions for popular wedding menu items, expert advice and answers to wedding questions from TheKnot.com, the #1 wedding destination, a toast from Samuel Adams Founder and Brewer Jim Koch and the chance to have Samuel Adams foot the tab* for your rehearsal dinner. For the most die-hard of beer fans, it could also be their actual "big day" – as a justice of the peace will be available to perform ceremonies on the spot (all you'll need is a completed wedding license**).
"Brewlywed at the Brewery" Day of Ceremonies
- 7:00AM: Line up early (at the Samuel Adams Brewery in Boston, Mass.). The first 20 people to arrive in bridal attire will be moved to the front of the line, ensuring one signed bottle from the 50 bottles signed by Jim Koch.
- 9:00AM: Brewery doors open and Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale is for sale.
- 9:00AM-1:00PM: Wedding menu beer pairing suggestions from local small business owners who are members of our Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream program; wedding advice from Anja Winikka, Site Director of TheKnot.com; a raffle to have Samuel Adams pick up your rehearsal tab; wedding photo booth and more.
- 1:00PM: Last call. Brewlywed doors close at 1PM. (Samuel Adams brewery tours will continue until 3PM)
What Jim Koch, Founder and Brewer, has to say about the beer: "Unquestionably, beer is the centerpiece of a great wedding. I brewed a special recipe for my own wedding and kept the tradition going by brewing the first batch of Samuel Adams Noble Pils for my daughter's wedding day. With Brewlywed Ale, we're celebrating the specialty-beer tradition with our drinkers while honoring a custom dating back to Middle Ages."
Boston drinkers clearly agree with this tried-and-true tradition as well; according to a recent survey*** the majority of people from the northeast agreed that the beer list was extremely important at a wedding.
Carley Roney, Co-Founder and Editor in Chief of The Knot.com also recognizes the trend: "Brides and grooms today are more daring than they've ever been when it comes to embracing food and drink trends at their wedding. With beer being a favorite, couples are saying goodbye to the standard wine and cocktails and incorporating craft beer bars, beer tasting stations and beer and food pairings into their big day."
Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale, Brewers' tasting notes:
- This traditional Belgian-style bride ale combines the tropical, floral aromas of Stella and Summer hops with subtle hints of spice.
- Its light malt character and soft hop profile impart an upfront fruity taste followed by lingering notes of clove and honeysuckle from Belgian yeast. The Belgian yeast also imparts distinct flavors of spicy clove and tropical fruit character.
- At 8% ABV, Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale is a medium bodied brew, deep golden in color with a slight unfiltered haze.
- This special brew finishes a little crisp from the wheat, with a citrus and fruity note on the palate and lingering hop finish.
- We recommend serving this beer at a temperature of 40-45 degrees and enjoying it before your one-year anniversary.
- Samuel Adams Brewlywed Ale will be packaged in decorated 750mL, cork-finished bottles; and available for $14.99 per bottle, or purchased by the case of 12 (maximum of 3 cases per purchase).
- Brewer Tasting Video
- For recipes and pairing suggestions, visit www.samueladams.com.
- For additional information, visit blog.samueladams.com
- Check our Tab on Facebook: www.facebook.com/samueladams
- Follow our live Brewlywed at the Brewery tweets @SamuelAdamsBeer #Brewlywed
* Up to $1,000
**A wedding license can be obtained in any Massachusetts City or Town Hall. There is a three (3) day waiting period after application before couples can pick up the license; it is valid for 60 days after it is picked up. A license must be present in order to be married.
***Survey conducted by Wakefield Research, an independent research provider. Demographic quotas were set to ensure that results are nationally representative of the survey audience. Results have a margin of error of 4.03%.
ABOUT THE BOSTON BEER COMPANY:
The Boston Beer Company began in 1984 with a generations-old family recipe that Founder and Brewer Jim Koch uncovered in his father's attic. Inspired and unafraid to challenge conventional thinking about beer, Jim brought the recipe to life in his kitchen. Pleased with the results of his work, Jim decided to sample his beer with bars in Boston in the hopes that drinkers would appreciate the complex, full-flavored beer he brewed fresh in America. That beer was aptly named Samuel Adams Boston Lager®, in recognition of one of our nation's great founding fathers, a man of independent mind and spirit. Little did Jim know at the time, Samuel Adams Boston Lager would soon become a catalyst of the American craft beer revolution.
Today, The Boston Beer Company brews more than 50 styles of beer. It relentlessly pursues the development of new styles and the perfection of classic beers by searching the world for the finest ingredients. Using the traditional four vessel brewing process, the Company often takes extra steps like dry-hopping, barrel-aging and a secondary fermentation known as krausening. The Company has also pioneered another revolution, the 'extreme beer' movement, where it seeks to challenge drinker's perceptions of what beer can be. The Boston Beer Company has been committed to elevating the image of American craft beer by entering festivals and competitions around the globe, and in the past five years has won more awards in international beer competitions than any other brewery in the world. As an independent company, brewing quality beer remains its single focus. Although Samuel Adams beer is America's largest-selling craft beer, it accounts for only one percent of the U.S. beer market. The Boston Beer Company will continue its independently-minded quest to brew great beer and to advocate for the growth of craft beer across America. For more information, please visit www.samueladams.com.
The Knot is the nation's leading wedding resource, reaching nearly every bride in America through the #1 wedding website, TheKnot.com; The Knot national and local wedding magazines; The Knot book series; and syndicated columns in newspapers nationwide. The Knot is the flagship brand of XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO; http://www.xogroupinc.com), formerly The Knot Inc., a global media and technology leader devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between, providing young women with the trusted information, products and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives. Follow The Knot on Twitter: @TheKnot.
SOURCE Samuel Adams