Lincoln and Hearst Magazines Unveil "New Century Craftsmanship Idea Series"
DEARBORN, Mich., June 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Print and online idea series brings focus on the craftsmanship of luxury
- Lincoln is pleased to work with Hearst in creating new levels of awareness that directly benefit its readers
- Consumer engagement includes the possibility of obtaining hand-crafted goods from each featured artist
Lincoln and Hearst Magazines are launching a print and online interactive idea series that focuses on the craftsmanship of luxury. Renowned artisans are featured in their respective crafts of jewelry, fashion and culinary arts, sharing perspectives of how ideas rooted in tradition can evolve into something fresh and modern for the luxury consumer.
As Lincoln continues its focus on craftsmanship, the collaboration with Hearst resulted in the New Century Craftsmanship Idea Series. The intent is to engage with readers in ways that inform, enlighten, and bring new focus to notable artisans who understand key elements of luxury and constantly innovate for their craft in unique ways.
As part of the New Century Craftsmanship Idea Series, Lincoln and Hearst will run print ads in July and August issues of select Hearst magazines featuring chef Richard Blais , jewelry designer Karen Erickson , and men's fashion designer Kevin Stewart . Additionally, an online series of videos spotlights three featured artists plus Max Wolff , Lincoln Director of Design, and explores the creative process that celebrates their approaches to luxury craftsmanship.
"True craftsmanship starts with personal experiences that inspire creativity in taking ideas to the next level," said Lincoln's Wolff. "Driving a Lincoln is an extension of the individual, and we create luxury by giving people personal experiences that transcend just driving an automobile – much like crafting jewelry, food or men's shirts."
Added Michael Clinton , president, marketing and publishing director of Hearst Magazines: "We are thrilled to be partnering with Lincoln to bring its 'New Century Craftsmanship Ideas' concept to life through the pages of our magazines by showcasing notable artisans who exemplify the convergence of tradition and innovation."
As part of the series, consumers have the opportunity to obtain hand-crafted luxury goods created by these artists when they watch the featured videos on LincolnCraftsmanship.com.
Artisans of the Lincoln New Century Craftsmanship Idea Series:
- Richard Blais : Recent winner of Bravo's "Top Chef All-Stars" and Concept Chef at Flip Burger Boutique; marries classic and modern techniques to bring patrons a mix of traditional and new. Print ads featuring Blais also highlight the Lincoln MKX in Hearst titles O, The Oprah Magazine and House Beautiful.
- Karen Erickson : Jewelry designer and co-founder of Erickson Beamon Jewelry hails from Detroit and shares a passion for crafting pleasure into exquisite jewelry. Erickson will be featured in Harper's Bazaar and Veranda alongside the Lincoln MKZ hybrid.
- Kevin Stewart : Cofounded Roger Charles New York in 2006; Stewart's handmade shirts combine modern silhouettes with 19th-century Americana touches to create aesthetic deemed "elegant American outlaw." Print ads featuring Stewart and the Lincoln MKX will appear in Esquire.
- Max Wolff : Lincoln Director of Design; Recognized as an automotive design leader, committed to taking Lincoln to the next level in luxury with refined and modern design. Along with the other three artisans, Wolff will be featured in the online video series.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 166,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford's products, please visit www.ford.com.
About Hearst Magazines
Hearst Magazines is a unit of Hearst Corporation (www.hearst.com), one of the nation's largest diversified communications companies with interests in magazines, newspapers, digital media, business media and television. Hearst Magazines publishes nearly 200 editions around the world, including 14 U.S. titles and 20 magazines in the United Kingdom, published through its wholly owned subsidiary, The National Magazine Company Limited. Hearst Magazines is a leading publisher of monthly magazines in the U.S. in terms of total circulation (ABC June 2010) and reaches 73 million adults (Fall 2010 MRI). Hearst Magazines Digital Media is dedicated to creating and implementing Hearst Magazines' digital strategy. The unit has 24 websites and 11 mobile sites for brands such as Cosmopolitan, Popular Mechanics, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire and Seventeen, as well as digital-only sites such as Delish.com, a food site in partnership with MSN; TheDailyGreen.com; MisQuinceMag.com; RealBeauty.com; social shopping site Kaboodle.com; and consumer health site RealAge.com. Through its App Lab team, Hearst Magazines has published more than 70 applications and digital editions for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, as well as the Droid platform. In addition, the company owns iCrossing, a global digital marketing agency.
More by this Source
Lincoln Announces Reimagine Project to Aid Visionaries of the Arts, Design and Innovation
May 17, 2013, 00:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.