DEARBORN, Mich., July 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
Lincoln's new MKZ Hybrid – the most fuel-efficient luxury car in America – will be a standout in the marketplace for another unique distinction when it goes on sale this fall: It will be priced the same as its conventional gas sibling.
"Lincoln is about delivering luxury standard," said John Felice, general manager, Ford and Lincoln Marketing. "Whether it's our new MKX with standard MyLincoln Touch™ technology or the no-cost choice of a gas or hybrid powertrain with the Lincoln MKZ, we want to give customers premium amenities with unexpected value."
When the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid goes on sale this fall, it will have an MSRP starting at $35,180, including destination and delivery. The pricing is identical to the 2011 Lincoln MKZ gas model and below the 2010 Lexus HS 250h, the MKZ Hybrid's nearest competitor.
Lincoln is the first automaker to offer luxury customers a premium hybrid vehicle with an MSRP that matches its conventional gas sibling.
The decision to offer the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and gas models at the same price point is another example of the Lincoln brand's philosophy of bringing luxury standard to customers. From standout product design, and class-leading technology and powertrains that deliver top performance and fuel efficiency, Lincoln is changing the game in the luxury market.
2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid redefines future of American luxury
The new 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid is a game-changing vehicle that offers modern car buyers all the indulgence of a premium midsize sedan and all the environmental benefits of a hybrid vehicle at an amazing price.
Building on Ford's reputation as a world leader in electrified technology, the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid uses the company's second-generation hybrid technology – the 2.5-liter Atkinson-cycle I-4 hybrid engine – named one of Ward's 2010 "10 Best Engines." The system combines the best attributes of the gasoline engine and electric battery-driven motors to deliver optimal performance and fuel economy.
The Lincoln MKZ Hybrid delivers a 41 mpg fuel economy rating in the city, topping its only near competitor – the 2010 Lexus HS 250h – by 6 mpg. It also trumps the Lexus with more passenger space, more standard luxury and segment-exclusive safety features.
The following features come standard on the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. They are either not offered at all on the Lexus HS 250h, or are available at an extra cost:
- SmartGauge™ with EcoGuide – Ford's highly successful interactive technology provides real-time information to help drivers maximize fuel efficiency, and coaches drivers on how to optimize hybrid performance. Lincoln takes SmartGauge to the next level of engagement by giving drivers enhanced positive feedback on long-term fuel efficiency and driving performance through the "growth" of virtual small flowers on the system's right-most screen. Lincoln's white flowers, inspired by apple blossoms, remain permanently unless long-term fuel economy is reset.
- Genuine wood trim – In addition to their exquisite appearance, the Swirl Walnut and Olive Ash wood trims offered in the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid are eco-friendly as well. The veneers come from well-managed forests, as defined by strict environmental, social and economic standards, and from other rigorously controlled sources.
- Bridge of Weir leather-trimmed seats – The world-renowned luxury leather from Scotland is unembossed, allowing the natural beauty and character of the grain to shine through. The leather is milled for up to 12 hours to ensure a buttery, soft hand, and Bridge of Weir uses a chromium-free tanning process, which makes it easier to recycle.
- Lincoln SYNC® – The Lincoln-exclusive voice-activated communications and entertainment system provides an omnipresent link to contacts and information. In addition to Bluetooth® phone, audible text and MP3 player capabilities, Lincoln customers also can access Vehicle Health Report and 911 Assist™.
- 10-way power passenger seat – The seat is designed to accommodate a diverse group of passengers. Memory functions enable passengers to fine-tune and recall positions.
- Power driver memory seat settings – The driver seat memory feature helps ensure personal seating preferences anytime, with the touch of a button.
- Heated and cooled front seats – This uniquely engineered system delivers exceptional heating and cooling comfort.
- Reverse sensing system – This system senses what drivers might not see behind them and relays an audible alert if objects are near, which increases in frequency the closer a driver gets.
- Keyless entry keypad – This Lincoln-exclusive feature provides secure entry at a driver's fingertips. A personal combination holds a memory for driver preferences. So if an owner is out for a run and doesn't want to take the keys along, the vehicle can be opened with the touch of a few buttons.
- Easy Fuel® (capless fuel filler) – This Lincoln-exclusive feature uses an integrated spring-loaded flapper door to eliminate the need for a fuel tank screw cap. That means no more fumbling to remove and tighten the cap and less fuel odor on a driver's hands.
- Personal Safety System™ – This Lincoln-exclusive suite of seven protection technologies work together as a system to help protect vehicle occupants. The system includes dual-stage front airbags and an occupant classification system to sense whether the passenger seat is occupied. It tailors – or suppresses – airbag deployment to help provide an appropriate level of protection. It also features the Ford Belt-Minder® system to remind front seat occupants to buckle up.
- MyKey™ – This Lincoln-exclusive feature allows parents to program a key to limit speed and audio volume to encourage teens to drive safer and improve fuel efficiency. It also encourages seat belt use, provides earlier low-fuel warnings, and can be programmed to sound chimes at 45, 55 and 65 mph.
- Integrated spotter mirrors – The traditional sideview mirrors are designed with a secondary convex spotter mirror in the top outer corner, which provides a view of the driver's blind spot. When traffic enters the driver's blind spot on either side of the vehicle, it is visible in the secondary convex mirror, alerting the driver of obstacles.
- Acoustic laminated windshield – This windshield features a layer of sound-absorbent vinyl sandwiched between two sheets of glass, which enhances interior quietness.
"Customers are very enthusiastic about the MKZ Hybrid and we think they will be even more excited to learn they sacrifice nothing to be able to go green in style," said Felice. "We're launching a world-class hybrid that beats all competitors, and at an introductory price that is sure to draw the interest of new customers to Lincoln."
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 176,000 employees and about 80 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln and Mercury, production of which has been announced by the company to be ending in the fourth quarter of 2010, and, until its sale, Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford's products, please visit www.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company