LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Linear alpha olefins are unbranched alkenes with a double bond at the first carbon atom of the chain.
The presence of this double bond increases the reactivity of the compound and makes it useful for a number of applications. Linear alpha olefins are used in the production of a number of products ranging from various polymers to synthetic lubricants. The global linear alpha olefins market has grown at a CAGR of around 5% during 2009-2016 mainly driven by the growing plastics industry which is a major end-user of linear alpha olefins.
The report has analyzed the global linear alpha olefins market on the basis of end-use:
· The applications of linear alpha olefins depend on their carbon chain length.
· 1-C4 to 1-C8 linear alpha olefins are used as co-monomers in the production of polyethylene.
· 1-C6¬ to 1-C10 linear alpha olefins are used as precursors for plasticizer alcohols.
· 1-C12 to 1-C14¬ linear alpha olefins are used in the production of detergents and synthetic lubricants.
· Other uses of linear alpha olefins are in the manufacturing of synthetic acids, pulp, paper, drilling applications, etc.
· The polyethylene industry currently represents the biggest and fastest growing consumer of linear alpha olefins accounting for the majority of the total global consumption.
· The polyethylene application is followed by detergents, lubricants and plasticizer alcohols.
The report has analyzed the global linear alpha olefins market on the basis of key regions:
· It finds that North America currently represents both the world's largest producer and consumer of linear alpha olefins.
· In terms of production, North America is followed by Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, South Africa, Middle East and Japan.
· In terms of consumption, North America is followed by Western Europe, Asia (excluding Japan), Middle East and South Africa.
· On the basis of import and export trends, the report finds Belgium as the largest global importer of linear alpha olefins accounting for more than a fifth of the total global import volumes.
· Belgium was followed by the United States of America, France, Thailand and Netherlands.
The report has also analyzed some of the major players operating in this market:
· Shell Chemical Ltd
· Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
· Sasol Limited
· DOW Chemical Company
· ExxonMobil Chemical Company
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/linear-alpha-olefins-market-witnessed-growth-of-5-cagr-from-2009-to-2016-300458037.html