Liquidware Labs™ Announces GA of ProfileUnity™ FlexApp ™ 5.5 with Major Enhancements for Windows® Desktop Management The Award Winning User Management solution now features Department Installed Applications, an Intuitive Admin Console Interface, and tighter integration with Microsoft® Active Directory.
CHICAGO and ATLANTA, Feb. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Liquidware Labs, the leader in desktop transformation solutions, today announced significant new features being released in ProfileUnity Flex App 5.5, propelling this solution to a leading world-class Windows User Management Solution. ProfileUnity FlexApp 5.5 introduces optional FlexApp Department Installed Applications (DIA), a newly redesigned Admin user interface, tighter integration with Microsoft Active Directory, and numerous other significant new features.
"No other product on the market today rivals ProfileUnity FlexApp for comprehensive Windows Desktop Management at this price point," said Jason Mattox CTO for Liquidware Labs. "We're leveraging tried-and-true virtualization technologies to re-invent the way that Windows administrators manage users and applications, which are the most difficult components of desktops to bring under control."
Liquidware Labs Channel Partners Praise ProfileUnity
"The installation of ProfileUnity FlexApp 5.5 is very smooth. We found the packaging of Department Installed FlexApp very straight-forward and very easy to navigate, said Steve Wood, Technical Consultant, SITS Group, a leading Newcastle, UK based Citrix® and VMware® integration partner. "Overall we have been impressed with the new GUI, it was easy to navigate and a nice upgrade to the aesthetics of the previous version. I also like the new Profile Cleanup option that was introduced, it is a nice-to-have feature."
Innovative New Features
The following new features are now available:
- FlexApp DIA Option – The optional DIA feature set has an intuitive Application Packaging Console and enables administrators to make applications available to users through unique patent-pending technologies which exhibit an unprecedented compatibility rate for virtualizing the installation of applications. FlexApp currently only supports non-persistent VDI environments but will be extended to physical and persistent environments next year.
- Blacklist and Whitelist Capabilities – Privilege Elevation features for FlexApp User Installed Applications have been expanded to include the ability blacklist and whitelist applications by name and signed certificate, and can be limited to a list of approved applications located in a file path.
- New Graphical User Interface –A completely new management console look-and-feel has been updated to function more like a control panel. The application still has all the advantages of being able to be run as a web console.
- Profile Cleanup – A profile cleanup function can be set to automatically delete the local version of profiles by scheduled intervals. This feature is especially helpful in Terminal Services or Citrix XenApp environments where profiles can consume large amounts of storage.
- Authentication and Automated Integration with Microsoft Active Directory -- ProfileUnity is now easier than ever to setup and administer. An enhanced Guided Configuration Wizard applies ProfileUnity Management to select groups automatically in AD. Additionally, ProfileUnity Administrative Access can now be controlled through AD groups.
- VHD Provisioning – Administrators will have the ability to provision VHD storage for users by using Context- Aware Filters to automatically provision a VHD to a specified storage area. The VHD can even be predetermined as expandable and be limited to a maximum size.
ProfileUnity Achieves Acclaim In The News
In recent articles in TechTarget's SearchVirtual Desktop, ProfileUnity FlexApp gets singled out for praise from a number of authorities on desktop virtualization as follows:
"Many administrators say this is the most scalable user profile management tool. It manages more than 10,000 profiles in a single interface and includes application and patch management features. "
Mike Nelson, SearchVirtual Desktops, TechTarget
"We want our persona, our apps and our data to follow us, and that's what this [product] does."
Gunnar Berger, analyst, Gartner Inc.
"While I haven't played with Liquidware's solution yet, I do like what I've seen in terms of creating and managing packages."
Gabe Knuth, an industry expert and BrianMadden.com blogger
New Test Drives: Feel The Power of ProfileUnity In Minutes
Liquidware Labs launched a new Test Drives feature on its website (www.liquidwarelabs.com) to enable users to get a hands-on real-world experience of its products without the hassle and effort of installing them in their environments. Users can experience a ProfileUnity FlexApp 5.5 Test Drive that simulates both user and administrator scenarios in a VMware View environment.
About Liquidware Labs
Liquidware Labs™ is the leader in desktop transformation solutions for next-generation physical and virtual desktops, including VMware View®, Citrix® XenDesktop, Red Hat® and Microsoft® Windows 7. The company's innovative Stratusphere™ and ProfileUnity™ FlexApp™ solutions deliver powerful features to accelerate critical desktop transformation phases. Liquidware Labs solutions support key initial VDI phases including assessing existing physical environments, decoupling users and applications from the operating system and migrating to virtual platforms. In POC and production environments, Liquidware Labs solutions support managing the user experience and monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing end-to-end desktop environments. Liquidware Labs products are VMware-certified, and are available through a global network of partners. Visit www.liquidwarelabs.com for further information.
Contact: Grace Krokidas, 847-542-4201, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Liquidware Labs