Listen up: Texas Instruments' comprehensive system solution makes it easy to implement home or portable streaming audio applications
Designers of connected audio devices can easily tap into the capabilities of practically any streaming client device from any manufacturer
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumer Electronics Show -- Today, Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) announces that it offers a versatile solution for streaming audio. TI's integrated, optimized and tested solution helps customers accelerate time to market when building streaming audio applications including portable speakers, sound bars, audio video receivers (AVRs) and connectivity modules that enable OEMs to add connectivity to any set of speakers. Visit TI at CES 2014 in meeting room N117 at the Las Vegas Convention Center to experience the streaming audio solution live.
TI provides single stop for all streaming audio needs
TI's system solution provides a one-stop shop for streaming audio applications, helping customers reduce time to market and reduce production costs and risk:
- The system is based on the Sitara™ AM335x processor, a scalable ARM® Cortex®-A8-based solution that offers broad market support. With 300 MHz to 1 GHz performance, TI's AM335x processor enables implementation of multiple streaming protocols like AirPlay and DLNA as well as proprietary audio post-processing protocols on a single chip. It can also be used as the applications host processor. This enables OEMs to use fewer chips and lower costs while getting increased functionality.
- TI's WiLink™ 8 combo connectivity solution is integrated into the streaming audio solution to provide high-performance Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® / Bluetooth low energy (BLE) connectivity with state-of-the-art coexistence.
- Superior Wi-Fi performance and extended range are enabled by 2x2 MIMO and maximum ratio combining (MRC) receiver.
- Wi-Fi Direct and multi-role capabilities enable simultaneous connectivity to the network and peer-to-peer streaming on different channels.
- Bluetooth SIG-qualified dual-mode Bluetooth and BLE stack supports an extensive list of profiles.
- Aureus™ high-performance audio DSPs can be integrated into high-end streaming devices that require support for Dolby Digital and DTS decode algorithms and enable the addition of custom audio post-processing.
- Customers can integrate TI's AIC3206 audio codec for audio out and TPS650250 power management integrated circuit to minimize overall system power consumption.
- This solution is compatible with TI's Sitara Linux software development kit (SDK) for easy programming, which will include an add-on for AirPlay later in 1H2014.
TI's solution enables broad number of streaming services
TI's full audio streaming solution enables consumers to connect all their portable or home connected audio devices that support AirPlay and DLNA. TI's offering is the first versatile system solution to support AirPlay, enabling streaming audio content from an iOS device to remote speakers or a TV. In addition, DLNA support enables streaming between devices supporting Android, Windows and OS X operating systems. Popular Internet radio services are also supported.
Experience the solution with TI at CES
Visit TI in meeting room N117 at the Las Vegas Convention Center to experience the scalable streaming audio solution live. TI's connected home zone will feature an AirPlay streaming demo based on a full TI system solution, integrating TI's Sitara processor, WiLink 8 solution, DSP and analog solutions.
All of the components of TI's versatile streaming audio system solution, including TI's Sitara AM335x processors, WiLink 8 connectivity solution, power management IC, audio codec and Aureus high-performance audio processors, are available today. For more information about integrating AirPlay on your system, please contact email@example.com.
For more information:
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
Sitara, WiLink 8 and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.