TRURO, England, July 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Literature & Latte Ltd, creators of Scrivener for Mac and Windows, announce the launch of Scrivener for iOS (iPad and iPhone).
Novelists, screenwriters, journalists, academics, lawyers….Write and edit on the go with Scrivener for iOS, companion to award winning Mac and Windows writing application Scrivener (www.literatureandlatte.com).
What Is Scrivener?
Typewriter. Ring-binder. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines all the writing tools you need to craft your first draft.
Tailor-made for creating long manuscripts, Scrivener allows you to compose your text in any order, in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don't know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later. Grow your work organically, idea by idea.
Write - Your Way
Written by writers for writers, Scrivener adapts to how you write: meticulously outline every last detail first, or hammer out a complete draft and restructure later. Or do a bit of both. All text sections in Scrivener are fully integrated with its outlining tools, so working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a tap away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
Your Research - In One Place
Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand. Pull all your files and notes into a single Scrivener folder. Write a description based on a photograph. Reference a video or PDF. Check for consistency with an earlier chapter. On the iPad, open two documents side-by-side; on the iPhone, flip between research and writing with just two taps.
Powerful Export Options
Ready to share your work with the world? Simply compile everything into a single document for printing, or export to popular formats such as Word, PDF, Final Draft or plain text. You can even share your work using different formatting, so you can write in your favorite font and still keep your editor happy.
USD $19.99 for a combined iPad and iPhone bundle.
Scrivener for iOS is available for devices running iOS 9 and above.
- Interactive tutorial project
- Each manuscript and supporting materials kept in a self-contained project
- Import Word, RTF, Final Draft and plain text files
- Easily split imported text into separate sections
- Write your manuscript in sections of any size
- View all sections as a single text using the "Draft Navigator" (iPad only)
- Quickly navigate sections using the "binder" sidebar
- Format with fonts and presets
- Comments, footnotes, links and highlights
- Simple bullets and lists
- Insert images
- Pinch-zoom to resize text
- Full-screen mode (iPad only)
- Typewriter scrolling mode keeps typed text center-screen (iPad only)
- Write a screenplay using scriptwriting mode
- Live word and character counts
- Set word and character count targets
- Find and replace
- Customizable keyboard row provides quick-access buttons for formatting, navigation and punctuation
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for external keyboard users
Find Your Structure
- Write in any order and reorganize later
- Write a synopsis for any text section and see it in the outline
- Expand, collapse and drill down into sections of your project
- Rearrange sections as index cards on the corkboard (iPad only)
- Project-wide search
- Track ideas using labels and status
- Apply custom icons to your sections
Refer to Research
- Import research material such as image, PDF and media flies
- View research files or other sections right alongside your writing (iPad only)
- Every section has its own notes area for jotting down ideas
- Supports multi-tasking split screen mode (supported devices only)
Share Your Work
- Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
- Use different formatting in your exported or printed document
- Export to Word, RTF, Final Draft, PDF or plain text
- Convert rich text to Markdown for sharing with Markdown apps
- Create and email zipped backups of your projects
- Use Dropbox to sync between devices and with the MacOS and Windows versions of Scrivener*
- Copy projects between devices via iTunes
* Requires a Dropbox account. Scrivener is not compatible with iCloud - the app utilises package files not yet supported by iCloud.
More information is available at: www.literatureandlatte.com
For queries, information and interviews, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44 7957 100448
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/literature--latte-ltd-announce-the-launch-of-scrivener-for-ios-300301632.html
SOURCE Literature & Latte Ltd