DALLAS, March 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- To support and honor the International Day of Happiness on March 20, Live Happy launches a monthlong #HappyActs celebration, kicking off with the release of the new issue of the magazine, which is dedicated to savoring life's greatest moments.
With its fourth annual campaign, Live Happy will share small, simple actions and "happy learnings," known as #HappyActs, on its social media channels and website. On March 18-20, in conjunction with the International Day of Happiness, more than 100 happiness walls will be set up in communities across the country—and around the world including Korea, China, Mexico, Canada and the U.K.—encouraging visitors to physically post, share and participate. To learn more, visit happyacts.org.
The new May issue of Live Happy, on newsstands March 7, is the first-of-its-kind publication that combines the science of happiness with practical advice, and features actress Queen Latifah on the cover. Additional celebrity features highlight Sam Worthington (Avatar, Clash of the Titans), and Echo Kellum (CW's Arrow). As with every issue, the magazine shares expert tips, insights and resources from leading positive psychologists, which offer small actions you can take for 'round-the-clock' happiness to ensure the month of March and International Day of Happiness kick off with a cheerful start. Download the latest digital issue for free in March on iTunes or Google Play as our gift to you!
"Every March is the most exciting time here at Live Happy when we rev the happiness movement into high gear and encourage everyone to participate," says Deborah K. Heisz, CEO, co-founder and editorial director of Live Happy magazine and author of Live Happy: Ten Practices for Choosing Joy. "Happiness is a choice and something we can always continue to work on, so we are thrilled to continue to expand our offerings and tools that complement the magazine and our other initiatives, to help readers achieve the healthiest and happiest lives they can."
Read more in the May issue of Live Happy:
Live Happy's May issue is all about showing, spreading and sharing your joy this spring. Among other features, it highlights:
- Happiness Reigns Supreme—In this month's cover story, superstar singer and actress Queen Latifah goes straight to the heart of what's truly important in life: family, confidence and health. She shares why tragedy helped her uncover her true strength, how she cultivated shining confidence and her secret motivation for a healthy, happy life.
- Baring His Soul—Actor Sam Worthington, star of The Shack, explores his evolution on- and off-screen, reveals what triggered him to look at the world differently and shares his perspective on how to live a life that is personally and professionally fulfilling.
- Life's A Stage—Actor and Comedian Echo Kellum, star of the CW's hit show Arrow, dishes on his role models, lightening the mood, finding happiness every day and what makes him laugh.
- Mindful Moment—As a certified yoga and mindfulness teacher for children, Susan Verde is putting a new twist on the standard Child's Pose. Verde shares how getting centered with Lizard Pose helps kids combat daily stresses and helps bring families together.
- Spring Color Fling—Sample an array of products in four of Pantone's freshest spring colors and soak up expert advice from designers to add joy to every room in your home or office.
- The International Day of Happiness: Why it Matters and How to Get Involved—Since its beginning in 2012, The International Day of Happiness has become a global movement for sharing and spreading #HappyActs, big and small. Here writer Shelley Levitt shares one woman's deeply personal connection to the day, how it has grown in the past five years, and how everyone can share their joy on March 20.
Beyond the pages of the magazine, Live Happy continues to offer Live Happy Now, an inspiring free weekly audio podcast on iTunes, which features interviews with top researchers and experts in the fields of positive psychology and well-being. The publication's latest book, Live Happy: Ten Practices for Choosing Joy, offers actionable steps toward achieving authentic happiness in the form of celebrity and real-life stories, highlighted by key components of happiness such as gratitude, positivity and savoring life's greatest moments. Readers can also visit LiveHappy.com and espanol.LiveHappy.com for additional information on finding and sharing happiness.
Live Happy is available on newsstands at major retailers throughout the U.S., including Barnes & Noble, Whole Foods and Hudson News, and in Canada at Presse Commerce newsstands, among others. Live Happy's award-winning digital edition is available from the App Store and on Google Play, and current subscribers receive complimentary access on their tablet devices. Our #HappyAct to you: In the month of March download our Live Happy magazine: Digital Edition app (iTunes or Google Store) and receive our current issue for free. Yearly digital subscriptions are available for $9.99 at www.livehappy.com.
About Live Happy
Live Happy LLC, owned by veteran entrepreneur Jeff Olson, is a company dedicated to promoting and sharing authentic happiness through education, integrity, gratitude and community awareness. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, its mission is to impact the world by bringing the happiness movement to a personal level and inspiring people to engage in purpose-driven, healthy, meaningful lives.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/live-happy-invites-all-to-join-happyacts-celebration-300415901.html
SOURCE Live Happy