LONG BEACH, Calif., Jan. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- If your New Year's resolution is to get smart and save more money in 2016, Homeselfe is providing tips to help homeowners save 30 percent on energy bills every month. Homeselfe, the nation's leading free DIY home energy audit, is giving families tips on ways they can cut down on energy costs in 2016.
"We want to empower families to make positive changes for their finances, the environment and their families in 2016," said Homeselfe Co-Founder and Spokesperson, Ameeta Jain. "Homeselfe provides homeowners with tools and resources catered to your home to do just that. The best part about taking a Homeselfe is that it provides you with practical information on how to save hundreds on your utility bills and gives you more ways to save money by providing rebate information from your local utility company at your fingertips – and it's free!"
The very first step to take this New Year is to download the Homeselfe app on your iPhone or Android, or visit www.homeselfe.com. Take a five minute Homeselfe and check out what your annual savings could be for 2016. Then, follow some easy tips below to start saving now:
- Take advantage of your air conditioner's "auto" setting, which turns your AC and heater automatically on or off to save on energy.
- Look for openings around your window and door frames where air could enter or escape and block them with weather strips or draft guards.
- Non-insulated attics are a major source of energy loss, as they do not effectively shield your home's interior from outside temperatures. Make sure to insulate your attic properly and ask for help from a certified contractor if you are not sure how to do it yourself. Homeselfe can put you in touch with qualified local contractors who specialize in this type of improvement.
- If you have central AC, pay attention to rooms that you are not using. Close those air vents in order to avoid needlessly cooling or heating unused spaces.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED or CFL models, which are slightly more expensive to purchase, but will last much longer and save significant amounts of energy and money in the long run.
For more fun tips on how to save, Homeselfe has created an infographic with 50 Ways to Save Energy.
For more information or to schedule a time for in-person and/or on-air interviews with Co-Founder Ameeta Jain, please contact email@example.com or 951-719-1040. She will be available to discuss Homeselfe's commitment to improving energy efficiency in households throughout the United States.