SAN JOSE, Calif., May 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LiveHive Inc. today announces LiveHive Drive, a desktop-based virtual cloud drive that enables business users to manage their LiveHive workspace content effortlessly from the local PC or Mac file system and to edit from desktop applications, such as Microsoft Office.
LiveHive's visual and collaborative cloud service allows professionals and teams in businesses of all sizes to bring together any type of web, desktop, media, email or cloud file organized into visual workspaces. LiveHive can be accessed via web browser, tablet or smartphone making it easy for everyone, even employees in a distributed workforce, to stay current and productive regardless of location.
To open a free LiveHive account, click here: http://bit.ly/12bR8Xo
The addition of LiveHive Drive, based on the WebDAV IETF standard, provides a desktop file system view of LiveHive cloud workspaces. With virtually all cloud applications, there is the issue of needing to download, edit and then re-upload documents kept in the cloud. LiveHive Drive eliminates this inconvenience by enabling users to edit any document stored in LiveHive workspaces from the desktop application itself. For example, a user could open a Microsoft Word document stored in LiveHive directly from the desktop version of Microsoft Word, edit that document and then simply save it as usual. The changed version is then immediately pushed to the LiveHive cloud workspace.
"Our business customers are very used to working with their local file systems and want to be able to do bulk file operations. They also want to edit files stored in LiveHive workspaces without the cumbersome download, edit and upload process," said Laura Lilyquist, VP of Marketing at LiveHive. "LiveHive Drive is an elegant solution to both of these needs and it's based on the WebDAV standard."
With LiveHive Drive, customers can now:
- Navigate to all LiveHive workspace content directly from the local file system.
- Quickly and easily add content to a LiveHive workspace by dragging and dropping from desktop folders into the LiveHive Drive.
- Edit a Microsoft Office file in LiveHive Drive. All changes made and saved in Office will automatically be pushed to the cloud.
- Attach anything in the LiveHive Drive to emails.
- Edit anything in LiveHive workspaces directly from desktop applications like Microsoft Office.
Pricing and Availability
Anyone who signs up for LiveHive will have access to the LiveHive Drive. All LiveHive users receive three workspaces free for life.
LiveHive also offers three paid plans:
- Individual: 400 workspaces for $8.95 per user per month
- Business Pro: 500 workspaces and administrative controls for $9.95 per user per month
- Business Max: Unlimited number of workspaces and administrative controls for $15.95 per user per month
Based in San Jose CA, LiveHive Inc. pioneered a visual and social workspace solution that provides simplified business collaboration. Formerly known as CaptureToCloud, LiveHive was founded in May 2011 with a mission to use the best consumer software design to develop easy to adopt solutions for small to medium businesses. The company raised $4.7M in funding from investor Acero Capital in July 2012.
For more information:
LiveHive is a registered trademark of LiveHive, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.
SOURCE LiveHive Inc.