LOS ANGELES, May 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Live.me, the live broadcasting app, celebrated it's one year anniversary with an award celebration in a swanky Bel-Air mansion on Saturday April 29th in Los Angeles. Hundreds of Live.me broadcasters were in attendance at the invite-only event which also included appearances by recording artist Kesha, FaZe Banks, FaZe Nikans, RiceGum, Macy Kate, Diego Navarette (Diegosaurs), Nick Bean, Sam and Rosa Pottorff, Andrew Fontenot, and dozens of other social media stars.
Ocean Park Standoff, the latest need-to-know LA pop rock band led by Ethan Thompson, Samantha Ronson, and Pete Nappi, performed a handful of songs live, including the hit single "Good News." Contortionist and America's Got Talent finalist Sofi Dossi performed a routine which included shooting a bow and arrow using only her feet.
Live.me has celebrated many successes in its first year, including becoming the highest grossing live broadcasting app in the US, recognized a handful of broadcasters for achieving various milestones throughout the year. The list of winners includes:
- Queen of Hearts Award: SavageWinter - 1337 [Most hearts received in a single broadcast with 3,977,141 hearts]
- Rainmaker Award: Ice King [Sent the most gifts with 44.2M coins]
- Lit Marathon Award: Gharet Starke [Longest consecutive stream at 154 hours]
- Class Act Award: TurnUpKing [The highest Broadcaster Class Level/Experience]
- Time Well Spent Award: Ashcatash [Broadcasted the most hours with 1,675.6]
- Social Butterfly Award: Collins Key [Most shares in a single broadcast with 9,879 shares]
- Tubefilter Chart Topper Award: TheRealKatherinRojas [Has appeared highest the most weeks on the Tubefilter rankings and ranked highest]
- Diamonds Are Forever Award: Kristina Plisko [Has received the most diamonds with 44.1 diamonds]
- Follow Me Award: Roman Atwood [Most followers with 5.53M fans]
- Live.me Star Award: SammieFreakingFirth [Person cumulatively appearing highest across all 3 in-app charts (diamonds, gifter, trending)]
"A year ago, it was hard to imagine Live.me would break through in the way it has, but it's a testament to our strong community of live broadcasters and how much the live video format has been embraced by all types of creators," said Khudor Annous, Head of Marketing & Partnerships for Live.me. "We've got some exciting surprises in store for this next year and big plans to continue to reshape the future of mobile broadcasting."
The party included sponsors Heineken and Hint Water, and music by DJ William Lifestyle, co-founder of the charity HashtagLunchbag. To recap the first year of activities and broadcasters, a brand new video was debuted and can be seen on Live.me's YouTube page: https://youtu.be/Sbj2jTk_Urs
Live.me is the fastest and highest grossing live broadcasting platform in the U.S. The app has been downloaded by more than 21 million people, including creators of all formats and interests, to connect with others and earn virtual goods that can be exchanged for prizes, rewards, and cash. More than 200,000 hours of live video are broadcast daily on Live.me.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/liveme-celebrates-one-year-with-huge-awards-celebration-300449131.html