Location Labs Launches T-Mobile FamilyWhere™
New Family Safety Service Available to All T-Mobile Customers
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Location Labs, the leading provider of mobile personal security applications, today announced the launch of T-Mobile FamilyWhere™. Powered by Location Labs, FamilyWhere is a service that allows parents to access location information for their child or other family members from a computer or their own mobile phone.
Leveraging Location Labs' technology, the T-Mobile FamilyWhere service can locate nearly any type of phone using the T-Mobile network, providing peace of mind to parents trying to keep up with their kids regardless of what phone they're using. Parents can also set up scheduled alerts, for example, to provide and update when their child arrives at school or an elderly parent arrives home safely after an appointment. The service is able to locate other phones within a T-Mobile family plan and location information is accessible through a customer's password protected account at http://www.my.t-mobile.com.
"We're excited to launch T-Mobile FamilyWhere, powered by Location Labs," said Torrie Dorrell, vice president of applications, content and games, T-Mobile USA. "As we continue to enhance our customers' lives with faster, richer connections, T-Mobile will take every smart opportunity to provide value-added services that help families stay in touch and stay safe. FamilyWhere is the latest T-Mobile service that gives families peace of mind."
T-Mobile FamilyWhere™, powered by Location Labs:
- Provides parents with a Web and mobile safety net that provides real-time location information and the option to receive location alerts via the Web, text message or e-mail.
- The FamilyWhere mobile application is also available on a wide selection of Android-powered smartphones from T-Mobile for easy access to a child's location information while parents are on-the-go.
- Allows parents to create scheduled alerts to help ensure a loved one is at home by curfew or arrives at school or other predefined location on time.
- Provides parents with a history of locations visited and other customizable alerts with a real-time Family Feed.
- Helps ensures parents are prepared in the event of an emergency; FamilyWhere's emergency profile pages allow parents to store critical information about their children including physical description and photo, allergies, family member contact details, child care or school location and contact details, all within the FamilyWhere environment.
"More than ever, family safety is top of mind for parents," said Tasso Roumeliotis, CEO of Location Labs. "We are proud to launch the T-Mobile FamilyWhere service, bringing peace of mind to the millions of families on the T-Mobile network. We continue to invest heavily in building solutions that improve communication among families and are on an aggressive path to expand our suite of products and services again in the near future."
Eligible T-Mobile customers can subscribe to FamilyWhere by visiting http://www.my.t-mobile.com or by downloading the T-Mobile FamilyWhere application from Android Market™.
About Location Labs
Location Labs is the leader in mobile location-as-a-service with consumer products that enhance the personal safety of millions of users and a location platform that enables 2,000+ developers to build their own rich location based applications.
The company operates the world's most successful mobile location-based personal safety service, powering nearly a dozen products for Tier 1 carriers, including AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. Recent accolades include: 2010 Inc. 500 list of America's Fastest Growing Private Companies and San Francisco Business Journal's "Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies". The company has raised $26MM in venture financing from Draper Fisher Jurvetson, BlueRun Ventures (formerly Nokia Venture Partners), QUALCOMM Ventures, Intel Capital, and Mitsui Ventures. The company was previously operating as Wavemarket, Inc. More information: http://www.LocationLabs.com
Michelle van Kriedt
SOURCE Location Labs
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.