KANSAS CITY, Mo., April 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ben Beeson, Lockton's Cyber Risk Practice Leader, will present the latest information on cyber coverage within the insurance industry during the 2016 RIMS Annual Conference and Exhibition, April 10-13 in San Diego. The prominent annual RIMS conference hosts 10,000 risk and insurance professionals, business executives, and service providers for networking and education about the industry. Lockton is the world's largest privately held, independent insurance broker.
Titled "Cyber4.0: Cutting-Edge Advancements in Insurance Coverage for Cyber Risk and Reality," Beeson's session will highlight how every network is penetrable and professionals need to know the legal liability, reputational injury, digital asset, and revenue loss their company could face in the wake of an attack.
Beeson will be presenting on Wednesday, April 13 from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. in room 28CD (register today) and helping attendees understand the current status of the cyber insurance market with a specific focus on:
- Cyber is now a property risk. Cyber risks are not just about protecting PII (Personally Identifiable Information) and PHI (Protected Health Information). Why and how are physical assets now at risk?
- Regulation is causing fragmentation. Market regulators have started to focus on insurer risk aggregation. Will the insurance market for cyber risks begin to fragment in 2016 and where could it be heading?
- Technology and insurance are converging. The underwriting process is broken and is starting to change. How?
"The insurance industry finds itself at the forefront of a public policy debate about how to best incentivize companies to invest in cyber resilience," said Beeson. "I look forward to answering the question of why the industry is set to capitalize on this opportunity."
Guests of the Cyber 4.0 session will also learn how to:
- Compare the provisions and enhancements of current cyber insurance products relative to their industry
- Assemble practical cyber coverage negotiation tips
- Add a best practices checklist to their next cyber insurance placement
More than 5,600 professionals at Lockton provide 48,000 clients around the world with risk management, insurance, employee benefits consulting, and retirement services that improve their businesses. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held, independent insurance broker in the world and 10th largest overall. For seven consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance." To see the latest insights from Lockton's experts, check Lockton Market Update.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/locktons-cyber-risk-practice-leader-to-present-cutting-edge-insights-at-2016-rims-conference-300246441.html