NEW YORK, Feb. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Most IT professionals are familiar with Volume, Velocity and Variety as they apply to Big Data, but how about applying them to internet security? That's the approach that the enterprise security experts at Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), are discussing with clients who are increasingly concerned about advanced threats and malware attacking their corporate networks. To assist IT professionals tasked with enterprise security at their organizations, security experts at Logicalis US have created an infographic outlining the benefits of Transforming Internet Security with Big Data.
"A smart and direct approach to enterprise security, like Cisco Umbrella, leverages the internet's infrastructure to block malicious destinations before a connection is ever established. By delivering security from the cloud, not only can you save money, but you can also achieve more effective security," says Ron Temske, Vice President of Security Solutions, Logicalis US. "Umbrella learns from internet activity to automatically identify attacker infrastructure staged for current and emergent threats. It captures and understands the relationships between malware, domains, IPs, and networks across the internet."
Three Steps Required to Leverage Big Data for Internet Security
- Discover: Gather the Big Data necessary to understand what the threat environment looks like. Cisco Umbrella Intelligence, for example, receives 88 billion requests from 65 million active users each day. This is used to assess internet threat pathways including IP addresses, domain names, URLs, DNS and others.
- Identify: Using data mining techniques, review the threats to build, tune and train classifiers that can more easily discern active threats from non-threats. The best solutions employ a combination of technology and a team of data scientists to detect and predict threat behaviors.
- Enforce: Once discovered and identified, threat policies can be confidently enacted that will protect enterprise resources from attacks from millions of malicious destinations while simultaneously resolving DNS requests.
Want to Learn More?
- Read a two-part article exploring what an umbrella approach to security can look like in your enterprise – Part One: Potential DNS Vulnerabilities (http://ow.ly/Gd7Q307SBUE) and Part Two: A Secure DNS (http://ow.ly/kSuT307SCnY).
- Download an infographic displaying the benefits of Taking an Umbrella Approach to Security and one displaying the benefits of Transforming Internet Security with Big Data.
- Explore more security-related news from Logicalis: http://ow.ly/EbKu308m0ix.
Logicalis is an international multi-skilled solution provider providing digital enablement services to help customers harness digital technology and innovative services to deliver powerful business outcomes.
Our customers cross industries and geographical regions; our focus is to engage in the dynamics of our customers' vertical markets including financial services, TMT (telecommunications, media and technology), education, healthcare, retail, government, manufacturing and professional services, and to apply the skills of our 4,000 employees in modernizing key digital pillars, data center and cloud services, security and network infrastructure, workspace communications and collaboration, data and information strategies, and IT operation modernization.
We are the advocates for our customers for some of the world's leading technology companies including Cisco, HPE, IBM, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.5 billion from operations in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific. It is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and the AIM market of the LSE, with revenues of over $6.5 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/logicalis-us-to-cios-cisos-how-to-transform-internet-security-with-big-data-300400579.html
SOURCE Logicalis US