NEW YORK, Dec. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Headlines about hacking and malware prove that traditional security methods are not up to the task of protecting organizational infrastructures and data from theft and ransomware. As more organizations embrace cloud-first platforms for everything from customer relationship management (CRM) to enterprise resource planning (ERP) platforms and beyond, they place themselves increasingly at risk from cybercrime. That's why Logicalis US, an international IT solutions and managed services provider (www.us.logicalis.com), is advocating a next-generation approach to cloud security that reaches beyond the data center to multi-cloud environments. Logicalis security experts have identified five things an advanced threat approach for cloud security must provide and have included them in a new downloadable white paper, "Security at the Speed of Cloud: Advanced Threat Approach for Cloud Security."
"The threats to enterprise security are real and increasing in their complexity and frequency. Today's enterprise – and the digitally-enabled enterprise of tomorrow – requires a different approach that is up to the task of responding to the increasing cloud demands of customers while providing the highest levels of digital security," says Jason Malacko, Manager, Security Practice Relationships and Offerings, Logicalis US.
Five Things an Advanced Threat Approach for Cloud Security Must Provide
An advanced threat approach for cloud security must address the full lifecycle of the advanced malware problem facing today's enterprises. Here are five things an advanced approach must deliver:
- Integrated Architecture: Security modules must work together, not reside in independent silos.
- Superior Visibility: It must provide comprehensive insight with automated methods of determining risk and impact.
- Ability to Stop Threats: An advanced approach should be able to block existing known and new threats.
- Comprehensive Control: It must control what data is available, to whom it is available, and from where data access is provided.
- Predictive Activity: An advanced threat approach must measure baseline activity and be aware when suspicious activity is occurring.
Want to Learn More?
- Download a complimentary copy of Logicalis' new white paper, "Security at the Speed of Cloud: Advanced Threat Approach for Cloud Security": http://ow.ly/fa7P306szYr.
- Learn why your company is not safe from hackers, then explore 10 tough security questions every CIO must be able to answer: http://ow.ly/qFC3303Hjtt.
- Are you prepared for a possible breach? Find out what you can do here: http://ow.ly/RAtV303HjAm.
Logicalis is an international multi-skilled solution provider providing digital enablement services to help customers harness digital technology and innovative services to deliver powerful business outcomes.
Our customers cross industries and geographical regions; our focus is to engage in the dynamics of our customers' vertical markets including financial services, TMT (telecommunications, media and technology), education, healthcare, retail, government, manufacturing and professional services, and to apply the skills of our 4,000 employees in modernizing key digital pillars, data center and cloud services, security and network infrastructure, workspace communications and collaboration, data and information strategies, and IT operation modernization.
We are the advocates for our customers for some of the world's leading technology companies including Cisco, HPE, IBM, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware and ServiceNow.
The Logicalis Group has annualized revenues of over $1.5 billion from operations in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific. It is a division of Datatec Limited, listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and the AIM market of the LSE, with revenues of over $6.5 billion.
For more information, visit www.us.logicalis.com.
Business and technology working as one
To learn more about Logicalis activities through a variety of social media outlets, click here.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/logicalis-us-to-cios-time-to-take-an-advanced-approach-to-cloud-security-threats-300372999.html
SOURCE Logicalis US