SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Lookout, the global leader in securing mobility, now provides actionable breach alerts and identity protection to help individuals keep personal data, such as financial information and social security numbers, safe from digital and physical theft. The Lookout Mobile Security application makes protecting an individual's device, personal information, and identity simple with the most advanced mobile security, personalized identity protection, and intuitive theft prevention. With the launch of Breach Report and Identity Protection, Lookout Mobile Security maintains its leadership as the most complete mobile security app.
"Having been focused on mobile for nearly a decade, Lookout knows mobile threats are on the rise and our digital information has spread, making it harder to keep our personal identities safe from attackers," said Sachin Kansal, vice president of consumer products at Lookout. "It's more important than ever that people keep not only their mobile devices safe, but protect all their digital information across the web. We want to make sure individuals are alerted quickly about device threats and risks to their online information so they can take immediate action to keep their identity safe."
There were 781 data breaches tracked in the U.S. in 2015, according to a report released by the Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC). As of October this year, the number of breaches in 2016 has already surpassed all of 2015. New research from Lookout found that 60 percent of U.S. respondents have shopped/interacted with a business/company that has been hacked. More importantly, Lookout found that only 65 percent of victims of corporate data breaches are alerted within the first month.
Breach Report provides individuals with timely alerts when a company, app, or service they may use suffers a data breach that could impact personal security, privacy, and financial resources. Breach Report offers clear and straightforward advice on how best to remediate the situation and proactively protect personal information.
Breach Report is available to all Lookout Premium users. Lookout Premium includes all the essential features available in the free version of Lookout Mobile Security, including security, the ability to back up a person's contacts, and locate a lost or stolen device, plus:
- Additional security and privacy protection: Privacy Advisor and Safe Browsing
- Enhanced backup: Photos and call history, in addition to contacts, backed up securely to Lookout.com
- Intelligent theft protection: Theft Alerts and Remote Lock & Wipe
- Data protection: Breach Report
Identity Theft Protection
Based on Lookout's survey of over 2,000 individuals in the U.S., individuals are concerned about identity theft and want more information about how to protect themselves. In fact, the survey found that while more than a third of Americans have had their identity stolen in the past, over three quarters of all respondents don't know what they would do if they became a victim of identity theft.
Identity Protection helps detect identity theft by monitoring personal and financial information online. With this new feature, when Lookout finds personal information being used fraudulently across the internet, the application sends an alert with clear and straightforward steps to remediate the situation, and provides 24/7 access to ID Restoration Experts and $1M Identity Theft Insurance* to help recover and restore a stolen identity.
With the launch of Identity Protection, Lookout is introducing a new product tier called Lookout Premium Plus -- the only solution on the market that offers device security, data theft protection, and phone theft recovery in a single application. Lookout Premium Plus includes all the features available in Lookout Premium, plus:
- Cyber Watch: Monitors personal and financial information and sends alerts when they are found being used fraudulently online. Lookout monitors for email, phone number, bank accounts, credit card, social media, Social Security number (SSN), passport number, driver's license number and medical ID number. Cyber Watch dramatically reduces risk of identity theft by alerting if personal information is found to be compromised and allowing an individual to prevent or resolve an identity theft incident in a timely manner.
- 24/7 Restoration Services: In the event of identity theft, Certified Identity Restoration experts are available 24/7 to assist with the time-consuming process of recovering and restoring the user's identity. The experts are also available to help answer any questions customers might have while using the new Identity Protection product relating to potential theft and protection.
- SSN Watch: Provides a history of all names, addresses, and other records associated with a Social Security number and proactive notifications of any changes that could signal fraudulent account activity and identity theft.
- Social Media Watch: Monitors social media accounts and alerts the individual if Lookout finds that personal information is exposed online. This feature also protects a person's online reputation by sending alerts if Lookout finds that the individual has been tagged in potentially offensive posts, including profanity, sexual content, or drug and alcohol references, that could damage an individual's reputation. Social Media Watch can monitor the following social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Lost Wallet Recovery: If an individual's wallet is lost or stolen, ID Restoration Experts will work with the individual to contact document issuers to cancel and reorder the customer's credit cards and identification cards. The restoration experts will also complete the required forms for initiating fraud affidavit and police reports.
- $1M Identity Theft Insurance*: The fees associated with restoring an individual's identity can add up quickly, from legal support to loss of income to document replacement. Identity Theft Insurance covers up to $1M in damages and legal fees with $0 deductible.
Lookout Premium is available on Android and iOS for $2.99 per month or $29.99 annually. Lookout Premium Plus is currently available in the United States on iOS for $9.99 per month or $99.99 annually and is rolling out, at the same price point, to select U.S. Android users; we expect to open up availability to all U.S. Android Lookout users in the near future.
*Insurance coverage is provided by a third-party and is subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the insurance policy available at www.lookout.com/legal. Lookout is not a licensed insurer or insurance agent.
An online survey was conducted to a panel of potential respondents. The recruitment period was May 20, 2016 to May 25, 2016. A total of 2,000 panel respondents completed the survey (excluding terminates and abandonments). All respondents were 18 years of age or older, and had to currently own a smartphone (either an Android or an iPhone). The sample was provided by Market Cube, a research panel company. All were invited to take the survey via an email invitation. Panel respondents were incented to participate via the panel's established points program.
Lookout is a cybersecurity company that makes it possible for individuals and enterprises to be both mobile and secure. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen - predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. The world's leading mobile network operators, including AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile and Telstra, have selected Lookout as its preferred mobile security solution. Lookout is also partnered with such enterprise leaders as AirWatch, Ingram Micro, Microsoft and MobileIron. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com. Follow Lookout at Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lookout-expands-personal-security-offering-with-launch-of-breach-report-and-identity-protection-300362820.html