MENLO PARK, Calif., March 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Lucid Motors, a Silicon Valley-based electric vehicle company, announced today that its first vehicle, the Lucid Air sedan, will have a starting price of $52,500 after federal tax credits. Customers can place a $2,500 deposit to reserve a car at lucidmotors.com/car/reserve.
The Base Lucid Air
The Lucid Air will have a base price of $52,500, after the federal tax credit available to buyers of battery electric vehicles is subtracted. It will provide superior comfort, a better user interface, and better performance than comparably priced BMWs and Mercedes-Benzes.
Features of the base Lucid Air include:
- 240-mile range
- 400 horsepower, rear-wheel drive
- All hardware necessary for autonomous driving
- Huge interior space in an efficient package
- Two trunks, one in the front and one in the rear, with a combined storage capacity of over 32 cubic feet (similar to the volume of a 4-person hot tub)
- 12-way power front seats
- LED multi-lens array headlights
- Four screens, with interactive-touch surfaces on three
- 5-seat configuration with a rear bench seat
- 10 advanced airbags
- Aluminum roof
- 19-inch wheels
- 10-speaker audio system
- Over-the-air software updates
Above the base Lucid Air, a number of upgrades will be available. These options will give the Air higher performance, greater comfort, and better efficiency than the current high-end market benchmarks.
- 315-mile and 400-mile-range battery options
- Up to 1,000-horsepower twin-motor configuration, with all-wheel drive
- Fully active suspension, delivering a world-class ride
- Glass-canopy roof
- Rear executive seats that recline up to 55 degrees
- 22-way power front seats with heating, ventilation, dynamic bolsters, and massage
- 21-inch Lucid-design wheels
- 29-speaker audio system with active noise cancellation
- Expanded leather trim with corresponding material upgrades
While not finalized, pricing for a fully-optioned Lucid Air will be above $100,000.
The Launch Edition
The first 255 Lucid Air customer cars will be Launch Edition vehicles. The exact pricing and options for the Launch Edition are not yet finalized, but it will be priced above $100,000 and include:
- 315-mile range
- 1,000 horsepower, all-wheel drive
- Autonomous driving hardware
- 21-inch Lucid-design wheels
- Upgraded audio system
- Unique colors and badging
Standard Lucid Air deliveries will begin immediately following the completion of the Launch Edition run. In the first 12 months of production, Lucid plans to produce 10,000 units.
Clear The Air
Details of the Lucid Air's pricing were announced on the company's blog as the first in a series entitled Clear the Air. With this new series, Lucid will clarify frequently asked questions about the product and company. Questions can be submitted to ClearTheAir@lucidmotors.com.
About Lucid Motors
Lucid Motors is a luxury mobility company that is reimagining what a car can be. The company is applying innovative engineering, design, and technology to define a new class of premium electric vehicle. Headquartered in Menlo Park, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Lucid team brings deep expertise from the automotive and technology industries. Learn more at lucidmotors.com.
About Lucid Air
The Lucid Air all-electric sedan combines forward-looking design with groundbreaking technology to establish an entirely new class of vehicle. Featuring full-size interior space in a mid-size exterior footprint, the autonomous-ready Air will be available with up to 400 miles of range and 1,000 horsepower. The Air will be manufactured in Casa Grande, Arizona, and deliveries will begin in 2019, with prices beginning at $52,500.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lucid-air-to-start-at-52500-300424059.html
SOURCE Lucid Motors