LucidWorks' Erik Hatcher to Present at OSCON 2013
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
LucidWorks, the company transforming the way people access information, today announced that Erik Hatcher, senior solutions architect and co-founder of LucidWorks, will present on stage at OSCON 2013. Held in Portland, Ore., OSCON is where developers, innovators, businesspeople and investors come together to further strengthen the relationship between business and the open source community.
During his tutorial, Solr Quick Start, Hatcher will explain the fundamentals of Apache Solr, the Lucene-based blazing fast, highly scalable search engine used in thousands of applications and projects at organizations including, Zappos, Wells Fargo, Getty Images and many more. Hatcher will enable his audience to be up and running with Solr in minutes.
Hatcher is co-author of "Lucene in Action," as well as co-author of "Java Development with Ant." Erik is an active member of the Lucene community – a leading Lucene and Solr committer, member of the Lucene Project Management Committee, member of the Apache Software Foundation, as well as a frequent speaker at top industry events.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT
Oregon Convention Center – Portland 256
777 NE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Portland, OR 97232
- Learn more about LucidWorks' enterprise-grade search development platforms at these industry events.
- Catch the replay of Yonik Seeley's most recent webinar on Solr 4, the NoSQL Search Server.
- See what all of the buzz was about at this year's #LuceneSolrRev conference.
- Follow @LuceneSolrRev or visit http://lucenerevolution.org/ to find session content and get updates on the upcoming European conference Lucene/Solr Revolution EU in Dublin, Ireland.
- Join our conversations on Twitter @LucidWorks and Facebook
- Watch the future of search unfold on the LucidWorks blog
- Read the latest information and views about Apache Lucene/Solr at http://www.SearchHub.org
LucidWorks transforms the way people access information to enable data-driven decisions. LucidWorks is the only company that delivers enterprise-grade search development platforms built on the power of Apache Lucene/Solr open source search. Employing one quarter of the Core Committers to the Apache Lucene/Solr project, LucidWorks is the largest supporter of open source search in the industry. LucidWorks Search delivers unmatched scalability to billions of documents, with sub-second query and faceting response time. LucidWorks Big Data tightly integrates key Apache projects needed to build and deploy applications requiring access to multi-structured data. Customers include AT&T, ADP, Sears, Ford, Verizon, Cisco, Zappos, Raytheon, The Guardian, The Smithsonian Institution, The Motley Fool, Qualcomm, Taser, eHarmony and many other household names around the world. LucidWorks' investors include Shasta Ventures, Granite Ventures, Walden International and In-Q-Tel. Learn more about the company at http://www.lucidworks.com/.
LucidWorks and Lucene/Solr Revolution are registered trademarks of LucidWorks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.