Lucky Magazine Announces First-Ever Two-Day West Coast FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference
Presented by P&G Beauty & Grooming
NEW YORK'S PREMIERE BLOGGER EVENT HEADS WEST APRIL 4th and 5th
Drew Barrymore and Betsey Johnson among guest speakers
LOS ANGELES, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lucky, the magazine about shopping and style, announced today the 2nd annual FABB West. The two-day event, taking place April 4th and 5th, 2013 at the Beverly Hills SLS Hotel, will once again bring the top influencers in fashion, beauty, technology and entertainment together. Day one of the conference is comprised of a series of panels and keynotes featuring industry leaders who will educate the audience on how to "Take It to the Next Level." Thursday's festivities will wrap with a VIP cocktail party where bloggers will have the opportunity to mix and mingle. Day two will feature breakout sessions to provide bloggers with the tools they need to build their business.
"I am very excited to head to the west coast for our fifth installment of the Lucky FABB Conference. The group of influencers Lucky brings together at the conference are setting the trends in blogging, e-commerce and social media and are truly redefining how fashion, beauty and technology work together," said Lucky General Manager and Senior Vice President, Gillian Gorman Round. "Additionally, it's the perfect opportunity for our advertising partners to reach such a highly sought-after audience. This event enables them to get their products in the hands of an inspiring group who have the same aesthetic as Lucky. We are thrilled to have P&G Beauty & Grooming as the presenting sponsor once again along with LeSportsac, AG Jeans, L'Occitane, Miss Me, Style Network and Tacori."
"I am thrilled to bring FABB to over 250 bloggers for our first-ever two day conference on the west coast. The group of men and women we have selected to attend FABB are ready to take their blogs to the next level and at Lucky, we are helping them do just that," said Lucky Editor in Chief, Brandon Holley. "The bloggers attending FABB are the essence of the brand and we couldn't be happier to welcome them into the Lucky FABB family. The interaction between panels, dialogue among bloggers and the viral conversation on Luckymag.com promises to be completely engaging."
Drew Barrymore, Lucky's May cover star, will deliver a keynote address in which she will discuss how she balances her busy life as a mother, actress and entrepreneur. The conference will conclude with a Q & A with Betsey Johnson and an exclusive screening of her Style Network show, "XOX Betsey Johnson."
Panels and Participants Include:
Your Voice, Louder
- John Jannuzzi, Digital Editor, Lucky
- Hillary Kerr, Co-Founder and Editorial Director, WhoWhatWear
- Erin Kleinberg, Co-Founder, The Coveteur
- Stephanie Mark, Co-Founder, The Coveteur
- Eva Chen, Founder, Eva Chen 212
The Tools You Need to Grow Your Business
- Elise Loehnen, Editor in Chief, Beso
- Annie Ta, Corporate Communications Manager, Pinterest
- James Nord, Co-Founder, Fohr Card
- Tina Craig, Co-Founder, Bag Snob
- Scott Allan, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing, LinkShare
- Amber Tarshis, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Guess?
- Cathy Choi, Director of Social Media Sephora
- Jamie Gersch, Senior Director Marketing, Gap North America
- Kristen Spaulding, Social Media Editor, Neiman Marcus and Cusp
- Lalena Luba, Vice President Public Relations, BCBG
Creating a Voice of Authority
- Mandana Dayani, Vice President of Marketing, Rachel Zoe
- Ara Katz, Head of Creative, Content, Communications and Celebrity, Beachmint
- Kimberly Tobman, Vice President of Public Relations and Corporate Communications, JustFab.com
- Theresa Canning Zast, Vice President of Design and Creative Director, Kate Spade Saturday
As a brand that is known for listening to its fans and delivering exactly what they want, Lucky created the "Blogger's Choice" panel for FABB West 2013 to provide attendees with information they are craving. Bloggers submitted panel ideas and voted via Pinterest. By an overwhelming number of re-pins the bloggers chose "The Business of Blogging" where they will hear Raman Kia, Executive Director of Integrated Strategy at Conde Nast, Emily Schuman, Founder of Cupcakes and Cashmere; Geri Hirsch, Founder of Leaf.tv and Because I'm Addicted and Alex Kassan, Director of Investments at Advance Publications discuss practical tools for making their brand a successful business.
On Friday, April 5th bloggers will experience day two of FABB by taking part in hands-on workshops and interactive brand experiences. Breakout sessions include:
Make the Most of Your Style Blog
- Jessie Webster, Photographer, The Glitter Guide
Beauty Tips from the Pros
- P&G Beauty
Styling: The Resources You Need
- Elle Strauss, Lucky Senior Fashion Editor
- Rachel Nguyen, That's Chic
Grow Your Traffic
- Raman Kia, Executive Director of Integrated Strategy, Conde Nast
- Dave Cook, Vice President of Marketing, The Find
New Ways to Monetize
- David Weinrot, Chief Marketing Officer, Shopzilla
- Elise Loehnen, Editor in Chief, Beso
- Tracy DiNunizo, Founder and CEO of Tradesy.com
- Heather Lipner, Founder of Uncovet
- Leora Kadisha, Founder and CEO of StyledOn
- Kyla Brennan, Founder and CEO of Helloinsights
How to Pitch
- Andrea Chao, Advertising Director, Guess?
The FABB conference is presented by P&G Beauty & Grooming. Sponsors of the conference include: LeSportsac, AG Jeans, L'Occitane, Miss Me, Style Network and Tacori.
For tickets and updated information visit Luckymag.com. Follow FABB on Twitter (@LuckyMagazine) and use the hashtag #LuckyFABB when tweeting about the conference.
Lucky, the award-winning magazine about shopping and style, showcases what to wear and how to wear it, making fashion and beauty fun and accessible. Since Lucky's launch in December 2000, circulation has gone from 500,000 to over 1.1 million, proving to be one of the most successful launches in Conde Nast history. For the latest news from Lucky, log on to www.luckymag.com.
SOURCE Lucky Magazine