Ludacris Takes on Neon Trees at Red Bull Soundclash in Atlanta | Monday, September 5
- Break the Barriers of Genre and Musical Conventions at West Plaza Lawn Adjacent to Philips Arena & Georgia World Congress Center-
ATLANTA, Aug. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Red Bull Soundclash makes a return appearance to Atlanta and with it brings a new twist to the already unparalleled, live music conversation. Ludacris and Neon Trees will take to two outdoor stages simultaneously for the first time bringing an innovative clash of styles, sounds and creativity that takes "concert" to a whole new level. The fun begins at 6p.m. on Labor Day in West Plaza at Georgia World Congress Center for the culmination of LudaDay Weekend. Atlanta's own hip-hop native and the talented new wave rockers will be put to the test, in this four round musical conversation, for the grace and cheers of the crowd.
Ludacris and Neon Trees will hit the stage at Red Bull Soundclash in a creative collaboration, a musical duel played out in stereo that blows minds. They will face off on opposite stages and play to a single audience. As each band lets it rip, two divergent styles and genres clash over the heads of the crowd. The sharpest tongue, the heaviest riffs and the hottest beats rule, with victory going to the band that dishes up the most sizzling and kickin' performance.
MEET THE PLAYERS | HOME GROWN WITH A NEON GLOW
Known from the streets to the big screen, Ludacris is a star on multiple fronts - a Grammy Award winning hip-hop artist, movie star and once upon a time a radio DJ on Atlanta's 97.5 (now Hot 107.9). Bringing comedy and entertainment to his rhymes has landed Ludacris onto the Top 10 Billboard's Hot 100 several times and with celebrity collaborations such as 50 Cent, Mariah Carey , Busta Rhymes and Eminem- Luda is sure to put on a quite a show.
Purveyors of organic rock, Neon Trees from Provo, UT may be newbies to the national music scene-but don't let that fool you- this "animal" foursome have opened for bands like The Killers and 30 Seconds to Mars. They know how to work the stage and better yet, the screaming fans.
HOW IT'S GOING TO GO
In four challenging rounds, the artists must prove their creativity and live performance skills. An emcee and signature event DJ will fire up audiences with spins and real-time commentary as they lead the musical artists and crowd through the following set of rounds:
- The Cover: where each artist plays their own take on the same cover song.
- The Takeover: a collaborative round where one band starts playing one of their own tunes then the other group takes over mid-song to finish it out with their own flair.
- The Clash: challenges the bands versatility- as they adapt their songs to the music genre of the DJ's choice.
- The Wild Card: the final round is all about surprises as each band brings a special secret guest to the stage to perform with them. This show is all about shocking, exciting, and entertaining the crowd- because they are the ones who decide which group/artist takes the title of Red Bull Soundclash champion and names the artists worthy of bragging rights across the music scene.
Tickets for Atlanta are $10, general admission and on sale now through Ticket Alternative; please visit redbullusa.com/soundclash to purchase and learn more about the event. Look for the next Red Bull Soundclash to head to Miami this New Year's Eve. Artists and event details coming soon!
Follow us on Twitter at @redbullATL and @redbullMIA, and join the conversation with #rbsoundclash.
SOURCE Red Bull
More by this Source
Ground Breaking Winch Session Rocks Kentucky
May 16, 2013, 15:28 ET
900-Horsepower Truck Takes On Mount Snow Ski Trails
Feb 15, 2013, 19:52 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.