Luminar Sheds Light on the Value of 'Big Data' for Campaigns Looking to Win 2012 Political Races
Valuable insights ensure political campaigns have ability to effectively micro-target Latino voters
DENVER, Aug. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The elections of 2012 are going to be decided by the Latino vote. Luminar, the first "big data" analytics and modeling provider focused specifically on U.S. Latino consumers, offers insights into Latino voters that can help political campaigns develop winning strategies. Luminar is able to create precise insights of Latinos' behavior by leveraging voter files, consumer habits, media digital interactions, transactional data and analytical models. By gaining a deep understanding of Latino consumer habits, political strategists are better able to develop highly relevant communication campaigns that can truly connect with Latino voters.
"Political campaign managers are aware that if they want to win the election they need to have the Latino vote," said Franklin Rios , president of Luminar. "Luminar offers cutting-edge solutions that break down generalizations and provide campaigns with a detailed profile of this population, down to even an individual level."
As an example, Luminar recently analyzed the Latino population of Denver, Colo, the capital city of a "battleground state," where approximately 14 percent of the roughly 400,000 registered voters are of Latino descent. Some of the voting tendencies and purchasing insights of this group relevant to political campaigns include:
- Voting Tendencies
- Spanish continues to be the language of choice for the majority of Latino voters in Denver – with 44 percent of Republicans, 44 percent of Democrats and 39 percent of Independents preferring Spanish-language communications.
- Latinas in Denver represent 53% of total registered Latino voters, compared to 47% of their Latino male counterparts. However, about 62 percent of these women consider Spanish their primary language and their voting age tends to be younger than the men.
- A strong majority of Denver's Latino voters (56 percent) are Democrats; 32 percent are registered as Independents, and approximately 10 percent register as Republican.
- 31 percent of "super voters" (those who vote in every election) are Democrats, 23 percent of Republicans and only 5 percent are Independents.
- Purchasing Insights
- "Super voters" spend the most on children's products, videos/DVDs, and music, while the "low-propensity voters" concentrate on gardening, electronics, and sports/leisure. The "mid-propensity voters" are spending a whopping 43 percent of their purchases on computing products, with travel, health, and apparel trailing behind.
- Democrats lead a majority of spending among Latino voters in Denver. In fact, Democrats are responsible for 76 percent of all purchases in the videos/DVDs category and 72 percent of all children's products. Independents make 30 percent of all purchases in travel, and 29 percent of purchases in the electronics, sports and leisure, and auto parts categories. Republicans spend less, accounting for only 22 percent of purchases in the grocery category and 17 percent in travel.
"Whether a campaign wins or loses hinges on correctly using the right analytics and data, and Luminar has the insights and expertise to help campaigns decide where to accurately and effectively allocate their resources to reach this end consumer," said Oscar Padilla , vice president of strategy at Luminar.
For interview and media requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; for additional information about Luminar's data insights surrounding the Latino governmental arena and its importance to ongoing campaigns, please contact Luminar at www.luminarinsights.com or (866) 375-4224.
Luminar is the premier analytics insights provider that is changing the way brands currently target the U.S. Latino consumer. Leveraging its proprietary analytics and modeling technology, Luminar unlocks "big data" and develops predictable models that reflect the behaviors and attitudes of today's Latino consumers across a wide range of vertical categories. Luminar is led by an executive team with extensive and diverse experience in analytics, technology, marketing and interactive media. Luminar is a unit of Entravision Communications Corporation, a diversified Spanish-language media company utilizing a combination of television, radio and digital operations to reach Latino consumers across the U.S., as well as the border markets of the U.S. and Mexico.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.