PALO ALTO, Calif., Feb. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Lumo Bodytech, the creators of the Lumo Run smart running shorts, today announced the formation of a board of advisors made up of prominent members from the running community. The purpose of this board will be to support Lumo Run's efforts to help professional athletes and recreational runners alike increase performance and reduce the potential risk of injury through their expertise in science, running and coaching.
Using Lumo Run's technology, the partnership between Lumo and these experts will help to solve some of the running community's long standing issues by gathering and analyzing the running forms and key biomechanical metrics of thousands of runners, a scale which is challenging to replicate in lab conditions.
"We're seeking to do something extremely ambitious with Lumo Run," said Dr. Charles Wang, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer of Lumo Bodytech. "It not only requires us to push the boundaries of what is possible on the technology side, but to incorporate behavior change and coaching. We are fortunate to have the support of and access to the wealth of knowledge and diversity of expertise available in the expert running community. Lumo Run is not just a tracking tool, but a coach and guide to help change behavior. I am honored that the members of our advisory panel share our vision and can bring their expertise to help us make a truly exceptional product."
This board of advisors includes the following athletes, coaches and sports researchers:
- Hawi Keflezighi: Founder and Director of HAWI Management and brother of Meb Keflezighi, Olympic Silver Medalist and top U.S. distance runner. In addition to Meb, HAWI Management boasts a diverse roster of talented athletes including marathoner Brenda Martinez, Boris Berian, Alexi Pappas, Maggie Vessey and Olympic Silver Medalist Leo Manzano. Hawi has extensive experience managing athletes and negotiating contracts with some of the world's top brands.
- Matt Dixon: Former professional triathlete and elite-level swimmer, renowned coach and founder of Purple Patch Fitness. Matt has applied his philosophy to developing multiple world champions, Ironman champions and some of the world's top professional athletes. He is a highly sought after resource in the fitness and endurance community, writing and contributing to multiple publications such as Triathlete Magazine, Lava Magazine, Outside Magazine and Triathlete Europe.
- Matt Fitzgerald: Endurance coach, certified sports nutritionist, freelance journalist and prolific author. Among his many books are Racing Weight, 80/20 Running, and How Bad Do You Want It? His writing also appears regularly in magazines and on websites that include Women's Running and competitor.com. Among the many honors his work has earned is a nomination for the 2011 William Hill Sports Book of the Year for Iron War.
- Lindsey Scherf: Top 12 USA marathon runner, Olympic hopeful and kinesiology expert. Lindsey represented team USA at two world cross country championships, breaking the American junior record for 10k while she ran for Harvard College. After finishing her master's degree in Kinesiology at University of Michigan, Lindsey coached NCAA cross country at Sarah Lawrence College, and was the 2015 USA 25k champion. Lindsey is joining Lumo as a sponsored athlete and as a member of its product development team.
- Kristi Keith Berg: Head coach for the marathon training groups at Fleet Feet Menlo Park. She ran her first marathon in 1981 and looks forward to her 50th in 2016. She routinely places in her age group for half-marathon and marathon races.
- Dr. Bryan Heiderscheit: Professor in the Departments of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is the Director of the Runners' Clinic through the UW Sports Medicine Center; Director of Badger Athletic Performance Research for UW Athletics; and Co-director of the UW Neuromuscular Biomechanics Laboratory. Dr. Heiderscheit's research is aimed at understanding and enhancing the clinical management of orthopedic conditions, with particular focus on running-related injuries.
- Dr. Rebecca Shultz: PhD clinical biomechanist at Stanford Health Care specializing in sports and health science. Rebecca has conducted clinical gait analyses as part of the RunSafe clinic at Stanford University for several years. Rebecca is joining as product researcher and designer at Lumo Bodytech. Prior to joining Lumo, Rebecca managed the Human Performance Lab (HPL) at Stanford University.
"I respect Lumo's commitment to utilize advanced technology to improve the running experience and performance," said Hawi Keflezighi. "The running industry is in an exciting place where technology is helping people improve the seemingly simple activity of running."
The coaches on the board are interested in using Lumo Run to help them add objectivity to their biomechanical assessments and to see their athlete's biomechanical results over an entire run, especially at the later miles when fatigue often sets in.
Each of these advisors will bring his or her unique knowledge, experience and talents to Lumo's team. Together, they will advance the integration of wearables and running, utilizing technology to push the sport further. Click here for additional details on Lumo's advisory board.
Lumo will be debuting the Lumo Run product for the first time to the general public at the Los Angeles Marathon expo, booth #507, on Friday, February 12 and Saturday Feb. 13. For more details, please click here.
Lumo Bodytech has developed a technology platform that leverages smart sensors and software to optimize performance and address human biomechanics through the real-time tracking of body movement. Lumo's products empower you to be the best version of yourself. Current Lumo Bodytech products include the Lumo Lift and Lumo Back posture coaches and activity trackers, as well as the Lumo Run smart running shorts. Lumo Bodytech is privately-held and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. Information on Lumo Bodytech and their products is available at www.lumobodytech.com
+1 (650) 646-2216
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lumo-run-gains-support-of-running-thought-leaders-and-researchers-300219332.html
SOURCE Lumo Bodytech