M-GO Unveils New Features for Consumers to Customize Their Online Movie & TV Experiences M-GO's Innovations Put the "Me" Back Into Media By Letting People Control and Personalize How They Discover and Curate Their "Smart Entertainment"
CULVER CITY, Calif., Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- M-GO (www.mgo.com), the people-friendliest new digital entertainment service announced today that it is launching a series of product features aimed at meeting consumer demand for personalized digital entertainment experiences. This is a core component of the company's long-term "Smart Entertainment" strategy to provide customers with a digital entertainment service that reflects each person's individual tastes and preferences. M-GO's new "Plus" customization features allow customers to create and organize personalized media "Cards" or lists for easy and fast access to favorite shows, movies, actors, directors and more.
The issue with other online entertainment stores is that it generally takes longer than it should for people to find the titles they want to watch. Additionally, consumers lack basic abilities to influence and control their browsing and discovery experience. M-GO respects that each person has multi-dimensional tastes and doesn't believe in a "one size fits all" approach. For one person, it may be a preference for basketball movies and musicals, and for another it could be a love of blockbuster special effects films and crime drama television shows. Your digital entertainment service should reflect your tastes and preferences.
"A seismic shift is underway in consumer video experiences as we cross the chasm from analog to digital. To date, the reality of digital media stores has been about 'access' --how to make a vast array of content available with less limitations than consumers face in the physical world," said John Batter, CEO of M-GO. "We believe the real potential of digital entertainment resides in giving people control of their digital entertainment. M-GO's customization elements and Smart Entertainment approach will open up a world of possibilities for people to organize, discover and enjoy movies and TV shows in entirely new ways."
With M-GO "Plus" consumers can now:
- Control their browsing experience so that content is organized in a personally relevant way making it easier than ever to discover great content and start watching it quickly.
- Enjoy a simple and intuitive interface for customers to "Plus" the content they love and group that content into new or existing "Cards" which enable quick content access and fun thru exploration.
- Curate content, rename cards and fine tune the recommendations presented to them. For example: If a customer expresses an interest in animation, they can "Plus" those films or TV shows and rename a list of recommendations for that topic i.e. "Jenny's Cartoon Classics" so that this card is now prominent when browsing.
There are several ways to Create and Organize your entertainment content:
- Save Existing Cards: We've arranged your content lists into what we call "Cards". Cards are lists of movies or TV shows that you can save. Click on any plus button to save an existing Card or create a new one.
- Create a New Card: Each title can also be saved to any card you create, just hover over a poster and click on the plus icon in the corner. New cards appear on your home page.
- Arrange, delete and rename your cards on the homepage to view your cards the way you want.
- Access your card's detail page by clicking on a card's title.
M-GO is the people-friendliest, new pay-as-you-go digital entertainment service that makes it easier than ever to browse, rent, buy and enjoy the broadest, newest and best selection of movies and TV shows on your screens. M-GO was created by people who love entertainment for people who love being entertained and is a joint venture between DreamWorks Animation and Technicolor. With both technology and entertainment in the company's DNA, M-GO's mission is to transform the world of digital entertainment on the viewer's terms. M-GO is available on all major platforms and functions on a full spectrum of operating systems ranging from Android to iOS to Windows. M-GO is a free service available on computers and tablets at: www.mgo.com.