SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Future US—leading digital media group specializing in technology and gaming—today launched an enhanced digital version of its market-leading magazine, Mac|Life. The interactive edition is made exclusively for the iPad and available through iTunes Apple Newsstand for $10.99 for a one-year subscription or $5.99 per single issue.
Mac|Life is the ultimate magazine about all things Apple. Written for both new and veteran users, Mac|Life provides exclusive, authoritative information and advice for readers who want to get the most out of their Mac, iPhone, iPad and third party hardware, software and services.
In the new edition, articles have just the right amount of interactivity and animation to provide enhanced navigation and a bit of fun, without ever becoming cumbersome or over-complicated. Readers can jump directly to any article; static images become slideshows; sidebars stay neatly tucked away until needed; and touching a URL will send readers to product videos and web pages for additional information.
"With the new interactive edition, Mac|Life comes alive in ways that weren't possible until now," says Chris Slate, editor-in-chief, Mac|Life. "It doesn't just look fancier; it's a better user experience. In true Apple mold, we've focused equally on form and functionality."
"Mac|Life readers are typically the earliest adopters of new technology and the success of the magazine on the digital newsstand follows that trend," says Kelley Corten, vice president of content and product, Future US. "The launch of iOS 7 and the maturity of the iPad, in particular, created the optimal timing for us to introduce an elegant interactive product that takes the users' experience to the next level. Mac|Life has worked hard to ensure the product is intuitive to the platform and will enhance our readers' enjoyment of the publication."
Mac|Life Interactive Edition replaces the previously offered PDF version of the magazine on iPad. Current Apple Newsstand subscribers will upgrade automatically at no additional cost.
To access the interactive edition, please download the free Mac|Life app at www.bit.ly/1bhIjEu.
For additional information on Mac|Life Interactive Edition, please visit http://vimeo.com/futurestudios/review/79237945/9111b5d232.
For more information about Mac|Life, visit www.maclife.com.
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- It has operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- It holds market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- Future attracts 50 million monthly global unique users to its websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that's 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
- We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple's Newsstand for iPad.
- Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.
SOURCE Future US