SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Macworld | iWorld kicks off this week at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco and more than 20,000 people who use, create and love Apple products are expected to gather to celebrate the intersection of technology and art, IDG World Expo announced today. The "ultimate iFan event" will blend unparalleled educational opportunities with a show floor boasting innovations to see and buy for all Apple-related platforms, and a full agenda of new, cutting-edge music, film and art elements. The redefined and reimagined Macworld | iWorld, which represents the full breadth and depth of what Apple technology has to offer, will break new ground for consumer technology events when it open its doors on Thursday.
Macworld | iWorld 2012 will take place January 26 – January 28, 2012, at the Moscone Center – West Hall in San Francisco. The new iFan Pass provides access to all Tech Talks, Music Experiences, Film Events, Art Showings, the Macworld | iWorld Midway and the exhibit hall all for just $100 pre-show and $125 on-site. Exhibits only passes start at $25 pre-show and $45 on-site. Additional information about event passes can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/packages-and-prices. Attendees can register now at https://register.rcsreg.com/r2/macsf2012/ga/clear.html or onsite at the Moscone Center – West Hall, beginning on January 26th.
"The new Macworld | iWorld builds on our deep and storied legacy as the gathering place for the Apple products marketplace, delivering the unique combination of unrivaled educational opportunities and show floor hands-on experiences and shopping that have kept attendees coming back year after year, with new, ground-breaking content and events in film, music, art and interactivity," said Paul Kent, vice president and general manager of Macworld | iWorld. "For three days in one place, attendees will have access to the leading product innovations, thought leaders and creative geniuses. We are excited to open the doors on a new year and a new evolution for Macworld | iWorld."
The Macworld | iWorld iFan event includes the following activities, with location and times listed at http://www.macworldiworld.com/ifan/. For a summary of event highlights, please see the show Hot Sheet:
- Macworld | iWorld Blast: The event will kick off with a launch celebration on Wednesday, January 25 at The Warfield in San Francisco headlined by indie rock powerhouse Modest Mouse and produced in collaboration with Superfly Productions, the entertainment and marketing agency responsible for world-class music festivals such as Bonnaroo, Outside Lands and Life is Good.
- Music Experience: Debuting at Macworld | iWorld, the Music Experience will celebrate how Apple technology is pushing the boundaries of innovation in music performance and production and feature special presentations and performances from some of today's most innovative and creative musical geniuses. Highlighted events and performances include: Hank Shocklee; moe.; the RISE Electronic Music DJ Battle & Bash, featuring BT and a competition between three of San Francisco's hottest up-and-coming DJs judged by DJ Solomon, DJ Dani Deahl, and DJ Ean Golden with event emcee "The Bastard Prince" of the Rondo Brothers and co-hosts The Cobra Snake and Jonny Makeup; a Silent 'Frisco dance party featuring Motion Potion, A.Skillz, and U9lift; Atomic Tom; Beats Antique; Eclectic Method; J Boogie's Dubtronic Science; David Mash; Sal Soghoian; the Macworld | iWorld Music Studio, presented in collaboration with Berklee College of Music; and a slew of Tech Talks led by topic experts, innovative thinkers and creative geniuses that offer attendees unparalleled educational opportunities on ways to leverage and maximize Apple and related tools for music creation, production and enjoyment.
- Film Event: Debuting at Macworld | iWorld, the Film Event celebrates the broad and varied ways that Apple technologies are redefining film and television. Highlights include: the iPhone Film Festival (IFF), sponsored by Epson Americas, Inc. and iPro Lens System, featuring screenings of never-before-seen films created on iPhones (including "Yearlapse '11: NYC to London," "Isobel & The Witch Queen," "992," and "Russian Roulette") and special talks with the filmmakers; an exclusive screening of the full-length, unaired South Park Pilot episode followed by a mind-blowing, myth-dispelling Q&A with South Park Studios show staff; The Making of South Park -- Inside South Park's Animation Studio, a special session that takes you behind the scenes of South Park Studios; and a host of Tech Talks that will offer attendees unique educational opportunities on ways to leverage and maximize Apple and related tools for film making, editing and distribution.
A special Tech Talk, "'Beckinfield' – Mass Participation TV with a Special Performance by Jonathan Frakes," produced in collaboration with Theatrics, creators of the first Mass Participation TV series, focuses on the impact of social media and technology on collaborative story telling.
And just announced, the exclusive premier of "Olive," the very first full-length feature film shot entirely on a cell phone, followed by a Q&A hosted by Marcus Osborne with co-directors Hooman Khalili and Patrick Gilles, actor Nick Childress, executive producer Chris Kelly and composer Ben Lear.
- Visual Art and Literature Events: Special events celebrate the impact of Apple technology on literature and the visual arts, including: a feature presentation and on-site exhibit by acclaimed digital photo-realist artist, author and lecturer Bert Monroy; a conversation with author and self-proclaimed geek Susan Orlean; and a wide variety of art-focused Tech Talks that will provide attendees of all skill levels opportunities for interactive education.
Additional art-inspired events will take place in Macworld | iWorld's Midway, where a collection of attractions give attendees an opportunity to experience iOS and OS X products and technologies across the arts and education in unique and engaging ways. Highlights include: The Digital Art Gallery; iPad Sketch Stations; South Park Art Gallery; and Super Art Fight.
- Tech Talks (formerly known as the Users Conference): More than 75 Tech Talks—including educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities—will be led by the industry's leading topic experts, innovative thinkers and creative geniuses, including 30 presenters participating for the first time. These sessions will feature new and unique educational and experiential content that takes attendees of all skill levels inside Apple products, including the iPhone, iPad, Mac, iOS and OS X Lion, and helps them get the most out of these technologies. The Tech Talks program also will include Macworld | iWorld RapidFire, a brand new two-hour event featuring consecutive five-minute presentations designed to inform and entertain attendees.
Two special Tech Talks, developed with Superfly Presents, focus on the impact of Apple technology on the film and music industries, respectively. "The Creators," a panel featuring recording artist Fitz of Fitz and The Tantrums and director Brad Furman, best known for his work on the "The Lincoln Lawyer" and "The Take," will explore how Apple technology has been vital in the development of the modern-day artistic process. "Music and Marketing," featuring Jamie Sampson of SoundTracking and Jordan Kurland of Zeitgeist Artist Management, will examine how the establishment of a deep connection between artist and audience is vital to attain commercial success.
And just announced, Actor Rob Corddry, best known for his work as acorrespondent on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and his starring role in the comedy film "Hot Tub Time Machine," will join David Sparks, Katie Floyd and Merlin Mann for the Mac Power User Workflows podcast live at Macworld | iWorld.
- Workshops: Macworld | iWorld's Workshops offer attendees a full-day of immersive learning on some of today's hottest Apple technology applications and software, including Keynote, OS X Lion, iLife and Adobe.
- Exhibit Hall: The vibrant Macworld | iWorld show floor will feature close to 300 companies offering the latest in Apple third-party technologies. This year, the show floor will again include the Mobile Apps Showcase, one of the most highly trafficked areas of the exhibit hall where the latest iPad, iPhone and iPod innovations will be on display, as well as the brand new, sold-out OS X Zone, specifically designed to showcase OS X software. Exhibiting companies include: Dolly Drive, Octa, SellYourMac.com, Snap Cases, Fujitsu, FLYGRIP, Gavio, Global Delight, Henge Docks and Parallels.
- The Macworld | iWorld First Looks program will showcase more than 100 of the newest innovations in software, hardware, peripherals, accessories and apps for the Apple products platform.
- Show Shopping Specials: Attendees will have access to hundreds of shopping deals available in exhibitor booths throughout the show floor, including show special product offers available exclusively to Macworld | iWorld attendees. More than 30 companies will offer special pricing on more than 50 of the newest product innovations—including hardware, software, applications and accessories—for the Apple products marketplace. Participating companies include: Apparent/Doxie, Appmosphere Inc., CORPCOM, Crestron Electronics, Discovery Bay Games, DryCASE LLC, Global Delight, iKlear, LARK, RAGE Software, Rain Design, Rogue Amoeba, SecureMac, Sonoma Wire Works, Splashtop and Wisepower.
- Macworld "Best of Show Awards," presented by Macworld magazine, will recognize the best products making their debut at the show. Winners will be announced on Friday, January 27 at 3:00 p.m. on the Macworld Live Stage, Booth #752.
Macworld | iWorld has also released the Macworld | iWorld Mobile Show Guide, the official app of the event developed by DoubleDutch. The Show Guide is a comprehensive iPhone/iPad app that allows users to explore the full show agenda and create personalized schedules, view the floor plan, interact with the real-time event feed (including location-based check-ins, photos, sessions, and more), share status updates seamlessly on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, connect with people that share their interests, view the speaker list, and even compete to earn points and badges. The Macworld | iWorld Mobile Show Guide is now available as a free download in the App Store.
For current happenings, news and chatter follow Macworld | iWorld on Twitter at http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/MACWORLD/58481436623.
About Macworld | iWorld
Macworld | iWorld is the world's ultimate fan event for those who use, create, and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. From home users, to artistic hobbyists and professionals, and the true Technorati—Macworld | iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld | iWorld will take place January 26 – January 28, 2012 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld | iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, Halo® Fest, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext) and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo