FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IDG World Expo today announced a lineup of new music-related content and events that amplify the many ways Apple and related technologies are changing the way we create, produce, distribute and experience music at Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event. The lineup includes: iNDIE iNNOVATION, a social media and performance competition to find new bands innovating with Apple technologies; Music Studio featuring demonstrations and performances from top professionals; a wide range of Tech Talks covering everything from the best new apps for musicians and iPad music production to building a media center and maximizing Airplay; and a contingent of music product manufacturers in the Expo Hall where the newest apps, hardware, software and accessories for the music marketplace will be on display. Macworld/iWorld takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Registration is now open and special pricing runs through January 1.
"Apple technologies and the broad ecosystem of tools developed around it have fundamentally changed the way we make, hear and experience music. The incredible technology-enabled innovation and creativity taking place across the industry are at the heart of the exciting music-related content at Macworld/iWorld 2013," said David Mash, senior vice president for Innovation, Strategy and Technology, Berklee College of Music. "Attendees will have a unique opportunity to learn from masters who are pushing the boundaries of what we thought possible in sound and, in the process, reimaging the future of music. We'll have you jamming to a whole new beat this year."
Highlights of the music events at Macworld/iWorld 2013 include:
iNDIE iNNOVATION: The Search for Tomorrow's Music Stars
Macworld/iWorld is teamed up with Sonicbids, an organization that helps fund, promote and sustain emerging music of all kinds through its social music marketing platform, to find the hottest up-and-coming bands in the country innovating with Apple technologies. Fan voting is now underway for the top 25 bands selected. A panel of esteemed judges then will determine two finalists that best embody the use of Apple products in the creative process. The finalists will square off live at Macworld/iWorld with the winner of iNDIE iNNOVATION playing as the opening act for one of the best live rock n' roll bands ever, Little Feat, at the Macworld/iWorld BLAST party on Thursday, January 31 at Mezzanine SF.
Tickets for BLAST are now available. Macworld/iWorld iFan pass holders will have the first option to purchase tickets for just $40. Space is limited.
Macworld/iWorld Music Studio
Macworld/iWorld 2013 is once again pleased to present the Macworld/iWorld Music Studio, located in the LIVE Zone and home to daily performances and demonstrations led by artists, music professionals and leading manufacturers of music technology. With a focus on how Apple products are used for recording, rehearsing, editing, songwriting and more, the Music Studio will leave attendees inspired, motivated and entertained. Highlights will include:
- "Laptop, Drop and Roll: Confessions of a Dining Room Producer," a special talk and performance with Bleu, Berklee College of Music graduate, songwriter, independent artist and proud "laptop producer." Bleu will shed light on creating commercially successful song productions, writing for hit artists like Demi Lovato, Chris Mann and Melanie Amaro, and making independent records all from a home studio. The session, moderated by Chris Breen, senior editor, Macworld, will include nitty-gritty talk on gear and tech used in daily music creation, old vs. new models in the music industry, songwriting and production craft, and how today's technology has influenced music collaboration and creation. Immediately following the session, Bleu will perform songs live on the Music Studio stage. Bleu is currently taking pre-orders for his fifth studio album through the fan-funding site Pledge Music, he hit his goal within eight hours of launching his new project: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/bleu
- "Inside the Music Studio: Creating with Technology," with Eyal Amir, composer, producer and video maker, and David Mash, SVP for Innovation, Strategy, and Technology at Berklee College of Music. David Mash, former Applemaster and the genius behind some of the leading music technology education programs in the country, will take attendees inside the music creation process and explore how technology impacts the inspiration and production of music. Joining David will be Eyal Amir, whose powerful combination of music and one-of-a-kind approach to video production has drawn more than one million views on YouTube, will talk about new directions in using today's and tomorrow's music and video tools. Both men will discuss what they do and how they do it, as well as demonstrate their work.
Music-Related Tech Talks
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 agenda boasts more than 60 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities with a host of music focused sessions, including:
- "Appalooza: Mobile Applications for the Musician," with Michael Carrera of Berklee College of Music, will highlight the coolest mobile music apps around to help attendees practice, perform, and create music – anytime, anywhere, on their iOS mobile device.
- "The Last Fifty Feet: Building Your Living Room Media Center," a presentation by Tom Negrino of Backup Brain, will introduce attendees to the host of new hardware and software solutions available for getting video and audio media from their computing devices into their living room and explore which ones deliver the most flexible home media center, how to pick the right hardware and software combo, how to use your iOS devices as media controllers, and more.
- "Creating & Adding Drum Beats & Grooves with Your Mac," with Bill D'Agostino of Berklee College of Music, will teach attendees how to add drum loops and create their own drum tracks using midi, as well as review options for adding live acoustic or electronic drum tracks to recordings.
- "The Mac for the Guitarist," a Tech Talk with David Mash of Berklee College of Music, will review hardware and software solutions currently available for the guitarist. The session will include demonstrations of recording and performance alternatives, as well as a Q&A.
- "Are We There Yet? The Ultimate Ultra-Portable Production/Recording Studio. From Idea to Final Master: How to Write, Sequence, and Produce Your Music," led by Andrea Pejrolo of Berklee College of Music, this highly interactive and hands-on presentation will teach attendees the tools, techniques, and tips and tricks required to write, produce and mix a song using only their iPad.
- "Taking AirPlay to the Next Level," a session with Don McAllister, will take a look at the genesis of AirPlay and examine how attendees can take advantage of this incredible technology throughout their home or business.
- "The Modern Day Guitar Solo," a Tech Talk with Tony Marvuglio of Berklee College of Music, will show attendees how to use and create backing tracks, create guitar and amp set-ups with modeling software, put together set lists, and prepare for their performance with Mac OSX and iOS software applications.
Expo Hall: A Showcase of Music Products
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 expo hall will feature hundreds of exhibitors and developers—more than 40 percent of which are first-time exhibitors—showcasing the latest hardware, software, apps and accessories for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad. Many companies will showcase new music-related solutions, including:
- Audioengine—a company that designs and builds innovative audio products—including speakers, amplifiers and adapters—with all your music in mind.
- Blue Microphones—creators of award-winning microphones for audio professionals, musicians and consumers.
- Castiv—a design firm specializing in the manufacturing of accessories for smartphones and tablets, its products include Guitar Sidekick, a gripping mechanism designed to hold a SmartPhone or similar device on a guitar.
- Divoom—developer of stylish, cool and unique speakers for all of your audio devices.
- Eventide—a company focused on enhancing the creativity of the world's leading musicians and audio professionals, its products include groundbreaking harmonizer and broadcast delay technologies that have revolutionized the audio industry.
- Focusrite—a company founded on the principal of developing products that sounded more musical, its products—including audio interfaces, mic pres, channel strips, consoles and plug-ins—are used in professional and project studios throughout the world.
- Godin Guitars—one of the largest and most innovative guitar companies in the industry.
- Naturespace Holographic Audio—creator of the most sonically and spatially accurate recordings of the natural world available. Designed specifically for headphones, the recordings induce a true "being there" experience.
- Polk Audio—dedicated to audio engineering and innovation, the company's complete line of audio and speaker systems for the home, car, truck or boat help users enjoy the unparalleled sounds of music and movies.
- SCRATCH TRACKS—cultural engineers manufacturing music, mobility, fashion and technology for go-go lifestyles, its products include Fydelity Stereobags.
- Sennheiser—a world-leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones, headphones and wireless systems.
- Sonoma Wire Works—developer of software and hardware that help musicians enjoy playing, recording and sharing music on MacOS, Windows and iOS.
- SRS Labs - A DTS Company—a company dedicated to making digital entertainment exciting, engaging and effortless by providing state-of-the-art audio technology to over a billion consumer electronics products worldwide.
Back by popular demand, the Drum Circle will bring Macworld/iWorld 2013 to a close. Bringing the community together through rhythm and music to celebrate Macworld/iWorld, it's an opportunity for all attendees to pick up an instrument, join in the musical merriment and let their inner percussionist out.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://www.macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo